dzJeepChic

1/9/2021: 11th Annual Holiday Party Trail Ride BBQ Gift Exchange Cookie Contest: near Carefree, AZ: 4x4 Easy

41 minutes ago, johnpa said:

What is the age limit?

you are definitely way past the limit for the kids game... or are you bringing Scottie?

• Haha 1

idea for the kids gift swap...

bring 1 wrapped gift per kid you have that cost around $10. then we number the gifts (randomly), then put the numbers in a hat and let the kids draw a number to see which gift they get. no stealing or anything, just a fun surprise gift. they can of course trade with each other after all gifts are open, if any of them want to.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, theksmith said:

idea for the kids gift swap...

bring 1 wrapped gift per kid you have that cost around $10. then we number the gifts (randomly), then put the numbers in a hat and let the kids draw a number to see which gift they get. no stealing or anything, just a fun surprise gift. they can of course trade with each other after all gifts are open, if any of them want to.

I think this is a great idea, and easy to implement. I'm going to update the first post with the details - for kids 12 and under.

• Love 1

Just now, dzJeepChic said:

I think this is a great idea, and easy to implement. I'm going to update the first post with the details - for kids 12 and under.

Love it!

I just updated the first post with a Kid's gift exchange!

Please let us know who all will be bringing kids, and their ages so we can update the roster! @4x4tographer please remind me of your daughter's ages?

NEW THIS YEAR - Kid's Gift Exchange!!!
  • Bring 1 wrapped gift per kid that costs around $10.
  • The big people will randomly number the gifts, and put all the numbers in a hat.
  • The kids will each draw a number to see which gift they get. No stealing or anything, just a fun surprise gift.
  • Trading is allowed after all the gifts are open, if any of them want to.
  • See Attendee's list below for kid's ages.

• Like 1

Just now, dzJeepChic said:

Please let us know who all will be bringing kids, and their ages so we can update the roster! @4x4tographer please remind me of your daughter's ages?

The girls are 6 & 10 (going on 16!).

• Haha 3

Kris, are you sure? My wife keeps telling me I am such a child.

• Haha 6

Love this kid thing for presents! Unfortunately I have to drop out of this event. Have to stay out of crowds for now even with mask & distancing.

Can"t take a chance, glad when all this crap is over. Everybody have a safe & happy new year....Al

PS  Will send beans with Johnpa.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

@mynr1 Oh Al, what a bummer! I completely understand, but you will be missed. Thanks for letting us know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trail Toy said:

Favor, since this is our first time going would it possible for someone to post a map and/or link showing the trail we'll be on?  Thanks!

I don't know the exact route that @theksmith will be leading you all on, or if he has a gpx file of it, but you can be assured that it is an easy trail.

• Thanks 1