dzJeepChic

1/9/2021: 11th Annual Holiday Party Trail Ride BBQ Gift Exchange Cookie Contest: near Carefree, AZ: 4x4 Easy

Thank you @scottL for the group shots!!! Way awesome!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Quickie update on the 4Runner:

I spent an hour or so today with a clay bar, some black paint specific rubbing compound, cutting polish, scratch & swirl remover then finished it off with a couple coats of a hybrid wax - it looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself!

I didn’t bother doing anything with the flare because it’s too far gone so I’ll just replace it. I’m planning on painting the new one a flat black then go around and paint the rest of them flat black too, maybe that will give it a little more rugged look too.2F00D736-D58C-4FE8-A7CC-EA4BFDA780DC.thumb.jpeg.a78a87244e1ef929189d16ae18f9cdc6.jpeg

E14E5B48-E86F-4A3B-9B12-2D32AA94193F.jpeg

Edited by lofreqjeff
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, lofreqjeff said:

I spent an hour or so today with a clay bar, some black paint specific rubbing compound, cutting polish, scratch & swirl remover then finished it off with a couple coats of a hybrid wax - it looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself!

I didn’t bother doing anything with the flare because it’s too far gone so I’ll just replace it. I’m planning on painting the new one a flat black then go around and paint the rest of them flat black too, maybe that will give it a little more rugged look too.

Hey Jeff, If you're going to paint all the flares flat (or better yet... Satin) black, why not just lightly sand the Rt Rr flare to remove the loose edges so the paint will stick, then shoot it flat or satin black ?   Just a thought...   ;)

9 hours ago, lofreqjeff said:

I didn’t bother doing anything with the flare because it’s too far gone so I’ll just replace it. I’m planning on painting the new one a flat black then go around and paint the rest of them flat black too, maybe that will give it a little more rugged look too.2F00D736-D58C-4FE8-A7CC-EA4BFDA780DC.thumb.jpeg.a78a87244e1ef929189d16ae18f9cdc6.jpeg2F00D736-D58C-4FE8-A7CC-EA4BFDA780DC.thumb.jpeg.a78a87244e1ef929189d16ae18f9cdc6.jpeg2F00D736-D58C-4FE8-A7CC-EA4BFDA780DC.thumb.jpeg.a78a87244e1ef929189d16ae18f9cdc6.jpeg

E14E5B48-E86F-4A3B-9B12-2D32AA94193F.jpeg

that made a huge difference - nice work!  you might try a paint touch-up pen on that deepest gouge, let it dry a couple days and then do a light cut & polish over the touched-up area.

hopefully you can knock out the dent from the inside pretty well or have a paintless dent repair place do it.

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 5:49 PM, spencerhahn said:

Ok so for those interested just an update on my horse chase! The rancher and I tracked his hoof marks for about 3-4 miles back into the net of washes. We used the dirt bikers and ATV drivers as helpers but eventually lost the tracks after maybe 45 minutes. We returned to the staging area using 413... I gave him my phone number so he could update me if anything happens. I think they are going back with a search team or something as they were returning to the staging area on Bartlett Road on my way out. Ill update this post if I hear any news. 

Alright! Update on the horse! Yesterday the rancher called me and let me know that the horse had been found early Monday morning! He said that he was found over near Dynamite Rd... I dont quite know where exactly he means by that but by the sounds of things the horse made quite a treck! Anyway... He is safe and back with his family now :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, spencerhahn said:

Alright! Update on the horse! Yesterday the rancher called me and let me know that the horse had been found early Monday morning! He said that he was found over near Dynamite Rd... I dont quite know where exactly he means by that but by the sounds of things the horse made quite a treck! Anyway... He is safe and back with his family now :D

Wow that's awesome news!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spencerhahn said:

That is some great news!

51 minutes ago, spencerhahn said:

awesome!

he's a traveler for sure - that main wash is known as "11 Mile Wash", plus another mile or 2 from its south end down to Dynamite (depending on the exact route he took).

4 hours ago, spencerhahn said:

I was just thinking about that this morning; thanks for the update @spencerhahn. Dang, the 🐎 was out for a long time! I would've been freaking out if I were the 🤠. Glad they were reunited for sure.