Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Jeeping sure has changed in 7 years!!!

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AZLugz said:

Just installed a Rugged Radios GMR45 45W unit, got my license and ready to try it out, always had CB before

Much better clarity and range, good investment

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stacey and Scott said:

Much better clarity and range, good investment

I was planning on getting the Midland 275 but had questions and Customer service was dead wrong on their answers and really rude, called Rugged and they were super helpful and got me straightened out.  So I spent the extra money for the piece of mind that I could get help if I needed it.  So far its a nice rig.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Midland just dropped their new MXT500 50 watt GMRS radio!

 

MXT500Radio_1_1720X1000_bf770da5-842c-42

 

They've made some big updates from some of the previous MXT units:

  • Waterproofing (IP66 compliant)
  • A bump in power to the max allowed of 50 watts
  • Split Toning - allowing you to use a different tone in/tone out for repeaters configured that way

 

The price tag is hefty at $399, which puts it in the territory of serious power users, in my opinion. 

 

 

Personally, I'm sticking with my MXT275. I've been very happy with the 15 watts of power (and the much cheaper price tag). I was recently able to clearly communicate with another Jeep in the hills at a distance of 5 miles, which was the furthest verified range I've gotten so far.

 

The only thing I'm really wishing I had was split toning. Many of the repeaters in Arizona are owned by clubs that are utilizing split tones which is a little annoying.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4x4tographer said:

Midland just dropped their new MXT500 50 watt GMRS radio!

 

MXT500Radio_1_1720X1000_bf770da5-842c-42

 

They've made some big updates from some of the previous MXT units:

  • Waterproofing (IP66 compliant)
  • A bump in power to the max allowed of 50 watts
  • Split Toning - allowing you to use a different tone in/tone out for repeaters configured that way

 

The price tag is hefty at $399, which puts it in the territory of serious power users, in my opinion. 

 

 

Personally, I'm sticking with my MXT275. I've been very happy with the 15 watts of power (and the much cheaper price tag). I was recently able to clearly communicate with another Jeep in the hills at a distance of 5 miles, which was the furthest verified range I've gotten so far.

 

The only thing I'm really wishing I had was split toning. Many of the repeaters in Arizona are owned by clubs that are utilizing split tones which is a little annoying.

You're scoffing at more power? Your "Man card" may be at risk 😅

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Stacey and Scott said:

You're scoffing at more power? Your "Man card" may be at risk 😅

 

Tim Allen Power Tool GIF

 

MOARRR POWAAAAH!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think he's just trying to temper his power-lust so as to not choke on the price tag!

Edited by theksmith
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theksmith said:

i think he's just trying to temper his power-lust as to not choke on the price tag!

 

$400 for something "not ham" is a bit tough to justify, for sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, 4x4tographer said:

 

$400 for something "not ham" is a bit tough to justify, for sure.

$400 is nothing in the world of Jeep mods, says the guy who just emptied his wallet on a dometic fridge 🤑

Edited by Stacey and Scott
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stacey and Scott said:

$400 is nothing in the world of Jeep mods, says the guy who just emptied his wallet on a dometic fridge 🤑

I want one of those one of these days. The price and the power set up for it are what's in my way. Someday I'll get one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...