Sign in to follow this  
shellback91

Transmission Leak?

On 12/19/2020 at 9:26 AM, Stacey and Scott said:

As much as i want to take it in, the cost doesn't justify the job. Let some air out of the tires and roll it into the garage, time to get dirty off the clock.

Glad you found that leak. 

34 minutes ago, shellback91 said:

Glad you found that leak. 

Any luck on finding yours yet?

18 minutes ago, Stacey and Scott said:

Any luck on finding yours yet?

I have not had any leaks since the run, which is weird honestly. I have crawled around underneath it the few times I have driven it and found nothing new. I am taking it in on the 28th to have the tranny cooler lines looked at, I am thinking that is where it is after looking around, that's where I saw fluid dripping.  Maybe it's there maybe not, I will find out one way or another.

• Like 2

Well after spending one of my vacation days at the dealership they found it. It is not what I thought it was, turns out it is the oil filter adapter/oil cooler.  I have been reading articles and watching videos on the UTubes and started to get a sneaking suspicion that it may be that.  The "symptoms" I found were similar to mine so I am not surprised by this at all. This  issue has tricked other folks so I am not beating myself up too bad. 😆  It's a small/slow leak which explains why I did not see a puddle when I checked top of the engine this weekend.

On the run I must've had a puddle built up and going through the washes drained it all over the place. I did check my oil level and it looked good which is weird. I was not in the mood to waste another vacation day sitting there  so they have my rig overnight to get the parts in and installed.  Good news is it is covered under warranty so there's that silver lining.  Thanks everyone for the input and suggestions, I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately my warranty is  expired. It doesn't look like a difficult job just labor intensive. Parts will be here tomorrow and I'll be rolling the rig into the garage for surgery.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Trail Toy said:

Good thing it's covered under warranty!  Sounds like there needs to be a recall on this problem.

It does seem to be a common enough  problem. Maybe they need to build them with better materials or something along those lines. 

• Like 1

Here's the offending part, USPS held mine hostage for four days. I know I'm spending next Sunday under the hood.

IMG_20201231_073952.jpg

• Like 3

All fixed and it even started! Not to bad of a job, about 3 hours. Just in case anyone else suspect's the same issue, look straight down the oil filter housing at about the 8 o'clock, if you see a pond of oil, well there's your problem. It's a good 2"-3" deep so it will hold more than a bit-o-oil before the leak shows itself. Washed out the pic to show the puddle.

IMG_20210104_131635.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1