Surfy

R600p - a mobile Solar and Battery Setup - too for 4x4 rigs / buildups?

R600pro_ecoflow_unboxing.jpg

It did arrive yesterday - too bad that we have winter and snow here in switzerland, not the best time for overlanding ;D

Can these small unit really replace my aged, but well designed Power Setup in my rig?  

A AGM Battery with 95AH brings easy 25kg to the Bill, all together (thick cables, Inverter, DC Charger, Solar charger, Wall charging) it is around 35kg. You can just use 50% of the power, without abusing the battery.

My next setup consists out of a 8kg Unit, who brings: 220/110v charging, 12V charging (car & Solar), Inverter and a bit more available Power, based on Lifepo4. And it is very tiny. 
I did go the adventure of crowdfunding for an ecoflow R600pro

Here I did compare the R600Pro to other brands bevore I did order: Crowdfunding: Ecoflow R600 Solarbatterie vs Goalzero 400

First Impression: Wall charging is pretty fast and yes it charges my Mac Book pro directly with USB-C - no nasty 220 Power Adapter needed.

I`m very curious! I will test it in detail over the winter time in detail. You can add some wishes, what I have to test 🙂

Surfy

• Like 3

Charging my current setup in wintertime - was one of the first steps 😉

4x4-rig-powerbox_2nd_battery.jpg

• Like 1

Ecoflow-R600pro-review-hands-on-test-erf

The first view tests did run very well.

The embedded 220v Inverter even fire up my Water heater who is rated for 1800W.

And the embedded USB-C Port with 100W is able to charge any modern notebook like the Lenovo Yoga X1 (Gen5) or MacBook Pro (2020).

Here you find some more impressions: 

https://www.4x4tripping.com/2020/12/ecoflow-r600-pro-erster-eindruck.html

Surfy

• Like 2

wow, i'm surprised it powered the water heater!

On 12/17/2020 at 2:33 PM, theksmith said:

wow, i'm surprised it powered the water heater!

I did test it deeper: 

1L Water at Room temperature (20degres celsius) till coocking.

79% charged at beginning
53% charged at the end

Difference 26%

The time wasnt same impressive 12 min for 1 Liter.

If I compare the ammount of effort to boil water, this way it is more relaxed compared to a jetboil (gas) or Coleman Dual fuel (gasoline)

My temporary solution we bought in Congo - is also easyer and a lot quicker ^^  Just because of that, I dont carry them with me ;-)

DSC02468.JPG

Final words: I would never ever would take a water heater with me, when travelling the world by a Land Cruiser. That is fancy shit for motorhomes...

At the end we want to be able to drive offroad - that is the reason why we try to save weight. Why we buy these energy boxes. We dont buy them to carry an additional water heater.. 

In my Article you find informations how the Inverter is able to handle that load. These Energy box is in my focus, because we dont need the inverter anymore.

Even any modern notebook can be charged by usb-c directly (12v). In my personal usecase I would just use the inverter rarely to charge my drone...  And just for that. So I`m wondering, how we can test these box with the 12v ability??

Surfy

• Like 1