Surfy

Drone Laws world map and travelling with drones

dronen-auf-reisen-gesetze-weltkarte-dron

Here I did collect information about travelling with drones. About people who got fined, got to jail and the rules. 

It helps to be prepared. This Map by visualcapitaslist  helps to get an idea about where more preparations is useful. 

If you are not on a worldtrip - you will need more preparation. Then the details counts too. That Equador raises a heavy fee is well known, that drones are forbidden at the Galapagos (Equador) or at Machu Picchu (Peru) - such stuff is not shown. 

Too such a map will outdate pretty soon, or is already outdated.

On a worldtrip it is not possible to prepare any country that detailed! Sorry for all who think thats has to be done - we can talk after you did  a >10 country and 6 months trip about. 

I did too link a video about - why it is beautiful to document your journey too by drone.

There is a translate Button to the right :)

Surfy
  • Like 1

Good post! 

In the USA, and I'm sure in other countries, you have very localized restrictions as well. For example, most U.S. National Parks have bans on amateur drone flights. Just because you can easily purchase it on Amazon doesn't mean you can use it anywhere you want.

Here are some useful apps that show you real-time flight restrictions that I use before flying, or when I'm planning to fly:

It's also important to familiarize yourself with local aviation authority rules and restrictions.

U.S. FAA: https://www.faa.gov/uas/

It's always interesting to see how flight restrictions change throughout the day. Living near a military base, these restrictions change daily as our USAF and international training guests fly over different areas.

Screenshot from the FAA's B4UFly app

E2Rq4kM.jpg

Additionally, for someone in the USA who is NOT part 107 compliant, you need to follow the below general rules when flying in the USA:

• Have your drone registered with the FAA / tail number on the drone
  • No flights for commercial purposes
  • Stay below 400ft of altitude of your launch point
  • Keep the drone within visual line-of-sight
  • No night flying, unless your drone has marker lights
  • No flying over people or moving vehicles
  • No interference with other aircraft
  • Obtain authorization to fly in restricted air spaces
  • Don't fly under the influence
  • Like 2

Thanks for the hints 4x4tographer!

The rules get more any year. Starting from 2021 you need a flying licence in Europe (EU). With exceptions for drones below 250g. m

Not so heavy to optain, but for a foreign traveller another thing wo has to be prepared. 

Surfy

• Like 1