shellback91

2012 Air Cleaner Box

I noticed one of my clips is missing on my air filter housing.  I am looking for a housing with the clips if one is out there somewhere.

Are you sure it's missing?  Sometimes they don't get clipped back on and hang down where you can't see it and I've also seen where it gets pushed inside the housing and the top of the housing covers it.  Just some thoughts I had from past experiences when I used to be a mechanic.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Trail Toy said:

Are you sure it's missing?  Sometimes they don't get clipped back on and hang down where you can't see it and I've also seen where it gets pushed inside the housing and the top of the housing covers it.  Just some thoughts I had from past experiences when I used to be a mechanic.

Yeah, it's gone. When I took her in to see Dr. Joe last week the air filter box was removed and we noticed that this clip was not staying put. When I changed the air filter  last Friday I noticed it came unclipped so I fought with it and thought I reattached it securely.  I was working on something in that area yesterday and noticed it was gone. After looking around I did not find it. ☹️

• Sad 1

Might try checking with the dealer.   Suspect they are not that expensive...   (At least they weren't prohibitively $$ when I bought some for my truck a few years ago... ;)  )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ob1jeeper said:

Might try checking with the dealer.   Suspect they are not that expensive...   (At least they weren't prohibitively $$ when I bought some for my truck a few years ago... ;)  )

In my looking around they are about $100 or so. If I can find a used one for less that would be good. I am in no hurry, it appears to be sealed up tight and not causing issues yet. 🙂

46 minutes ago, shellback91 said:

In my looking around they are about $100 or so. If I can find a used one for less that would be good. I am in no hurry, it appears to be sealed up tight and not causing issues yet. 🙂

$100 for the clips ? ? ? ? ?   WOW...  It's been a couple of years, but IIRC, I paid something like $8-9 each for a couple of clips...   Talk about inflation...  Wowzers

Edited by ob1jeeper

10 minutes ago, ob1jeeper said:

$100 for the clips ? ? ? ? ?   WOW...  It's been a couple of years, but IIRC, I paid something like $8-9 each for a couple of clips...   Talk about inflation...  Wowzers

Sorry, that's for the complete box. I haven't had any luck finding just clips yet.  I've read that they're not sold separately.  I'm still hunting around and will check dealership for clips as a last resort.

Edited by shellback91

From what I saw clips mostly rang from just over $1 to $10-$12.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Trail Toy said:

From what I saw clips mostly rang from just over $1 to $10-$12.

The ones I have found are not for my year.  I am just gonna let it ride until I have extra $$ for a new housing or I find the clips.

Edited by shellback91

Or maybe get an aftermarket intake kit like a K&N 😎

• Dislike 1
  • Haha 1