dzJeepChic

6/19/21 12P-2P ORP Charity Project: Feed My Starving Children, Mesa AZ

8nGCqi7.png

At my company's annual gathering this week, we spent part of one day volunteering at Feed My Starving Children in Mesa. We all had so much fun at the event, and I felt that the impact of our efforts was so meaningful, that I've reserved a time for Offroad Passport members to volunteer some time.

The event entails getting checked in 'Covid style' (i.e.: temp check, mask, ect.,) listening to a short orientation, and then working together as a team to fill, seal, and pack as many packages of Manna Pack meals as we can. The FMSC team replenishes food bins and supports the teams throughout, as well as playing some nice loud rock-and-roll to help get everyone pumped! It's a fun and fast-paced 1.5 hours of production.

Kids over 5 years old (accompanied by an adult) are welcome, are fully able to participate, and will enjoy the experience. 

What: Packaging meals for kids in need, worldwide.

Where: Feed My Starving Children, 1345 S. Alma School Rd., Mesa AZ 85210

When: Saturday, June 19, 2021 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM (Please arrive 10 - 15 mins early so that we may gather our group).

About FMSC:

FMSC provides everything needed, and has honed the volunteer process to a precision 'T'.  All you need to bring is yourself!

FMSC offers volunteers a one-of-a-kind experience. You’ll hand-pack rice, soy, dried vegetables and a nutritionally complete blend of vitamins and minerals into bags which are then sealed, boxed, placed on pallets and shipped to our incredible partners working hard to reach the neediest children around the world.

Frequently asked: https://www.fmsc.org/about-us/faqs

FMSC works best with groups of 5, and we've reserved all 11 groups, or a total of 55 people, for this 2 hour shift. If we can't fill this number I will give the empty slots back sometime in May. LET'S DO THIS!

Just post to this thread if you'd like to go or with any questions.

PLEASE TELL US THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR PARTY WHO WILL BE ATTENDING - WE NEED AN ACCURATE HEAD COUNT.

Attending:

1. @dzJeepChic
  2. @MissJanuary
  3. @shellback91
  4. @johnpa
  5. @FleetSailor Colleen
  6. @FleetSailor Kevin
  7. @Trail Toy Jason
  8. @Trail Toy Sarah
  9. @Trail Toy Maya
  10. @Trail Toy Marilyn
  11. @MissJanuary friend Chelsea
  12. @MissJanuary Friend Ty
  13. @MissJanuary Friend Sarah
  14. @lofreqjeff Jeff
  15. @lofreqjeff Katie

HEAD COUNT LOCKED AT 15 WITH THE FACILITY.

Edited by dzJeepChic
  • Like 2

This is absolutely fantastic. Thank you for coordinating this @dzJeepChic!

Please count myself, @Yodamom + our 2 kids in for this event.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Please put me on the list, this is a great cause.  Thanks @dzJeepChic for coordinating this!

Edited by shellback91
  • Thanks 1

Please add johnpa

• Thanks 1

Sign us up, Jason, Sarah and the twins.  😎

• Thanks 1

I think I was overly optimistic about the number of volunteers we could round up, and since we're only a little over a month out, and still have too many openings, I un-reserved 25 seats. We still have a total of 30 openings, and currently 19 volunteers. I'd like to fill the remaining 11 spots by Jun 5, but I will un-reserve them then if we can't, so as to give other groups the opportunity to sign up.

Let us know if you can join us to help!

• Like 1

My friend and her kids had to bail so we're back to 17 volunteers. Given that we are less than a month out, I adjusted my reservations again, down to 25 now. That leaves only 7 positions to fill, with any luck we can. If not I will unreserve the extra slots in a couple weeks. 

I'm looking forward to this - it's going to be fun! 

Edited by dzJeepChic
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I went to the Feed My Starving Children website and noticed that our packing session is completely full, so it's obvious that they're better at getting volunteers than me. :) So I gave back 5 positions, and we are officially down to 20, with 17 filled. It would be cool if we could find 3 more people for a full group, but either way I know we are going to make a huge difference!!

Really looking forward to this!

• Like 2

Come on folks, let's get'er done! 😎

• Like 1