theksmith

Fiona: 2009 Wrangler X (B's First Car!)

Awesome tires on rocks and streets wet or dry. Great choice, and I think they're going to look bada$$. :)  (Gosh tires went up fast! We got a set of KO2's earlier this summer for ~$250 ea.) 😮 

• Like 1

AL9nZEUwZccl7Wj6gTLdQ5jPpP-ZQ4FWX9nRQA8g

AL9nZEW5OBaoN-G_bQwORSSOPASK_gtzTblhMKL7

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, theksmith said:

AL9nZEUwZccl7Wj6gTLdQ5jPpP-ZQ4FWX9nRQA8g

AL9nZEW5OBaoN-G_bQwORSSOPASK_gtzTblhMKL7

nice wow wow wee wow GIF

• Like 1

Now that looks Badass!

• Like 1

i'm gettin pretty good at replacing radiators over here!

PXL_20221102_234616056.jpg

• Haha 3

B bolted on a couple of eBay specials... a no-brand copy of the Smittybilt reinforced tailgate hinge, and a no-name rear bumper. we were able to make the Teraflex spare tire carrier bracket that he already had work with the new hinge by just trimming a small bit off the Teraflex bracket in 2 places. yay for no more rattling tailgate!

AL9nZEW3wg7uUyfWvJujF9XMU7QMPyQU7oHVGotB

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 6

B went night wheeling with some friends recently and told me he needed ditch lights because he really didn't like not being able to see where he was turning ;) - so Santa brought Fiona a set of Rigid Ignites.

AL9nZEVe4Il6WEmBhzLQfWTeQf-GmLFBghctYfZG

• Like 2
  • Love 1

FIona at this year's holiday party trail ride - photo credit @4x4tographer

AL9nZEWfhjIouJN15MozRxanDZixR5LFtTIjN7Xa

• Like 3
  • Love 1

i made B a good deal on my old wheels and so after several trips to Discount tire to swap rims/tires around on both our rigs, here's Fiona's snazzy new look:

AMWts8DI8KdBXvm15742WGN1VRyP6zm5Ew2hm5q4

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • Love 1

recently installed the Dominion/Jeep Swag evap canister relocation kit to move the canister over the rear axle where it can't get smashed on anything. a cheaper, and IMO better solution, than adding a skid-plate.

AJFCJaXDJiKY_w53ykG6LdhobyNsDJKNG5f4LBgW

we also finally found the source of an evap code that was causing a check-engine light. the small evap hose going into the gas tank had broken right at the tank, which is a fairly common issue. Joe at @OnPointOffroad told us that Mopar actually makes a repair kit for it that he's installed many times. i just used a plastic barbed connector with some JB Weld Plastic Bonder, along with a section of rubber hose.

AJFCJaXfee5ioEsMecp4YRHhscftTAYnMD29tCJ4

we asked Joe to give the rig a once-over before B heads off to college with it. the only real issue he noticed was the leaking water pump, which B will be replacing himself soon.

Joe was also able to tell us which TPMS sensor was going bad. we already had a spare and Discount tire swapped it out for us for free since we'd bought all the tires there. with the evap fix turning the MIL back off and the tire warning gone, there's no more yellow lights in the cluster, yay!

we went through all Fiona's emergency supplies, tools, recovery gear, etc. yesterday and only found a couple small things still needed.

i also forgot to post that B got himself some real rock rails a while back. no more plastic side steps (a.k.a. rock magnets)!

AJFCJaVcMPExf_qaQwbXjkjakTEG2EXSmhl2ohWy

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 6