theksmith

Fiona: 2009 Wrangler X (B's First Car!)

Happy 'Gotcha' Day Fiona!! A couple days late but heart-felt none the less. 😊

• Thanks 1

Fiona got some Barricade steel fender flares. Brady and one of his friends installed them - my only contribution was to drill a couple holes.

AM-JKLWdlYRGHF2_4Qoe3US_DbywejS1wapH7PwJ

i did help with trimming the OEM fender liners for re-use with the new flares. they have a gap, but will work just fine for now.

AM-JKLVNAPg_pxf_AS_3kRLOuRr004oE3HzOCpLh

B also finally received the custom plate he ordered:

AM-JKLWRJz7RkBuHSYfcuxAWsklHvGMkRdS31v9E

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Those look awesome!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

we ran across a deal for a rando chinese brand engine/tranny skid for $95 on Amazon last week. it looks just like the $200 Smittybilt one, and is surprisingly fairly beefy - should be fine for moderate trails.

B installed it this afternoon and i only heard a couple curse words coming from the garage!

AM-JKLWFW-kolfJVd0pLBJUjB_1WiAc9ZSPv9FxL

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

someone on eBay was selling a used Teraflex tire carrier (only the mount part), so now Fiona just needs the hinge/tailgate-support part.

AM-JKLXTVE-dCxsBqw91aGupL5nLFoZ5hZJVhEVC

one of B's good friends got him a set of Mopar rubber floor mats for his birthday.

AM-JKLVFVtAK4lbSdWH1mVd-0efIJDY1ND9J7mqA

the hard-top was our early birthday present to him, but since we got such a good deal on that we also had Fiona tinted this week. we used Tint 360 again since they did a great job on our WK2.

AM-JKLUPLnxcUU4tjdBeZs6-yDrAuCLQ3TOSIFWE

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Looking good! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

a few weeks ago Brady bought a Red Rock Stubby Bumper, him and a friend installed it without any problems. the textured black powder-coat matches his Barricade fender flares well.

the bumper had a provision for a small light bar and we found this cheap 14" one from Rigidhorse fit perfectly. i helped him get that wired up last week.

AL9nZEUdPRhJYzYBKhptCoRc2FomIqgeojyEJNwg

this this weekend he learned how to change brake pads.

these Bosch Premium Quietcast Ceramic Pads come complete with new stainless clips and a packet of hi-temp grease. i've been very happy with them on Gadget for an inexpensive pad. in fact, couldn't tell a difference between them and expensive ones from Hawk in terms of stopping distance or how long they lasted.

AL9nZEUR5wpVkfuqg0tsAuoFSOHDhR8FCYy2hlev

he's got a couple more items on the to-do list still... with all this rain lately, his hardtop freedom panels have been leaking a little near the b-pillars. and while looking things over we noticed one of the front bump-stop extensions from Teraflex has broken off. at least they are just minor issues!

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

Sweet!
 I love seeing a kid twisting wrenches on their own vehicle.

Good job

Edit:  Brake caliper hanger and everything!  
If you think he’s getting too cocky have him work on the “ drum in hat” parking brake.  That can be a humbling experience.😲😡

Edited by jgaz
  • Like 2

Yeah! Good to see them wrenching and the bumper looks great!

• Like 1

I see you have a hanger for the caliper so it doesn't hang on the brake line.  It's the little things that are important, especially when its brakes!    Your next job is too teach him how to fix these. :)  (J/K not much need to know this anymore )

image.png.af23f5a8e07588564584bc2ad212171b.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5