Trail Toy

4/24/21 Queen Creek Canyon-Moderate-Near Superior-Day Run

Posted (edited)

First and foremost a shout out and HUGE thank you to @shellback91 for his "blessing", so to speak, to take over this Saturday and set up a run.  This run actually shares part of the Montana Mountain Loop that Marty will be leading once he gets his rig squared away.  Basically the last 8 miles of the Montana Loop uses the same trail as the first 8 miles of Queen Creek Canyon.

Queen Creek Canyon near Superior, AZ:

Join me for another fun day of off roading.  The scenery along this route is truly breathtaking. The trail travels past a very unique balance rock feature that has to be seen in person. Truly a unique rock formation. For those that are new to offroading, this is a great trail to practice offroading skills and enjoy a great trail ride. The trail takes about 3 hours to complete with lots of scenery along the way. The trail travels from the Hewitt Station OHV region up and over to the area above Apache Leap.

This is an off-shoot trail from the popular Montana Mountain trail. While Montana Mountain is a generally easy trail, FR 342 ups your skills requirement. Numerous washouts, steep ascents and descents, off camber areas along with a few spots which may require spotting depending on your skill level.

REQUIREMENTS:

• A high clearance 4x4 with a low range transfer case option, suitable front & rear recovery point, aggressive 30"+ or larger A/T or M/T tires.  Recommend aftermarket skid plates, rock rails and sway-bar disconnects.
  • Ham radio on 462.700 Mhz 
  • GMRS channel 21
  • Rigs & drivers must meet all the typical state/federal legal requirements for on-highway vehicles (license, insurance, registration, seatbelts, lights, etc.)

Itinerary:

• Meet up time will be 8am, depart by 8:30am.  Meet up spot will be this dirt lot: Map
  • Gas up beforehand, 1 full tank should be plenty.  There's a Circle K in Superior 3 miles east from the meet up spot: Map
  • Run about 20 miles on Queen Creek Canyon.

Additional Info:

• Pack a lunch and snacks
  • Bring plenty of water for yourself and your guests
  • A chair
  • A camera, etc.

Sign-Up:

1- @Trail Toy Leading

2- @theksmith

Reply to this thread and I'll add you to the list, thanks!

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Working that day, next time.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Wish I could go, but Pfizer calls that day.  

Edited by gearhead
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

add me to the list please!

• Like 1

Wish I could go, but that's round 2 with the vax for us.

• Sad 1