shellback91

Moab Early Fall 2022, Maybe?

I am considering going to Moab during fall of 2022,I have not committed to it 100% though. I am looking to see who may be interested in joining me. I would go during the week, arriving on a Monday and leaving on a Friday. If I go in September I want to go after the holiday to try and stay away from some of the bigger crowds, I do not like being "nut to butt" with people at all. I am leaning towards mid-September 2022. I have never been up there so I am not sure if it is crowded 24x7x365.  🤔

As a disclaimer, I am not into the axle snapping/drive shaft twisting/roll over type trails up there.  I have 2 or 3 "moderate" trails and 2 easy trails in mind to hit on two separate days for this maiden voyage. I want to have a  day in between runs to do something else like rafting or whatever my other half wants to do. I am wondering who may be interested in joining me if I decide to go. I will decide in a time frame to allow plenty of time to plan hotels etc., other details can be ironed out then also.

Here are the "meat and potatoes" as they say.

I am interested in running Hurrah Pass to Chicken Corners. Trails OffRoad has a great video of this run here. Depending on the time and how people feel we could also run a loop that's an offshoot of Chicken Corners called Jackson Hole, that one's a maybe. This would be an in and out trail overall, all three are listed as moderate.

The second set of trails I am looking at are Shafer Trail to Potash Road.  Both are rated easy but the scenery, especially the switchbacks on Shafer Trail, look awesome. There is a video here of Shafer Trail and here of Potash Road.  Shafer Trail also requires a permit.

During my research I came across this website that has a ton  of information including lodging and activities among other things.

Thoughts or comments welcome.

• Like 2

I know we'd be very interested in this, it's a bit out before when you want to go but Sarah would have to secure time off and then I'd have to check with my mom to see if she would be available to watch the kids and pups.  The kids will be in school so they wouldn't be going.

• Like 1

There a few moving parts to this especially for people with kids and or pets. Depending on who is interested and what dates would work will determine the dates, it is all fluid. I understand no one can plan that far out and 100% commit too far out.  Getting the "feelers" out there should help determine interest overall and help come up with a plan.

• Like 1

I’d be down. Did Chicken Corners when I was up there a few years ago. Very scenic and lots of dispersed camping around

• Like 1

Absolutely we would be interested, camping would be great that time of year!

• Like 1

Put johnpa down. 

• Like 1

I’m interested in hearing more, but can’t firmly commit yet.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 4x4tographer said:

I’m interested in hearing more, but can’t firmly commit yet.

I am in the information and interest gathering phase now. I'm still trying to determine how far out rooms and other things need booked etc. before committing to dates and posting up. This will probably take some coordination with whomever may want to go.

Thoughts on that are welcome from anyone having been there.

• Like 1

I originally posted this to the wrong thread. But here's my fave place to stay in Moab: Last time we were there we stayed at Moab Rim Camp Park and we loved it! they have cabins with kitchenette/bath, small fishing cabins, tent sites, clean community bathrooms and showers, RV sites, nice common area with grass and picnic tables for bbq, etc. it was a great place for a group. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dzJeepChic said:

I originally posted this to the wrong thread. But here's my fave place to stay in Moab: Last time we were there we stayed at Moab Rim Camp Park and we loved it! they have cabins with kitchenette/bath, small fishing cabins, tent sites, clean community bathrooms and showers, RV sites, nice common area with grass and picnic tables for bbq, etc. it was a great place for a group. 

Kick ass! Thanks Diane!  🙂

• Like 1