Trail Toy

7/16/21-7/18/21 Mormon Lake Weekend Camping-Various Easy To Moderate Trails

14 hours ago, Stacey and Scott said:

Propane grills and fire rings still ok at stage 2?

It appears that LPG is still allowed, here's what I copied and pasted from the website:

Building maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove including fires in developed campgrounds or improved sites is prohibited. Persons using a device fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off is permitted. Such devices can only be used in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within 3 feet of the device.

On 6/9/2021 at 11:08 AM, 4x4tographer said:

Looks like "Casner Park Road", which is on the MVUM as FR240 (due West of the lake) has a lot of large shady camp spots.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/3550-casner-park-road

I am down for somewhere along here!

• Like 2

@AZRNintheJeep242, should I go ahead and put you down as dispersed?  Last I checked you weren't sure yet.

Posted (edited)

Put us down as dispersed camping too.   RV going to be parked in Rimrock so we are close enough to bring the jeep and a tent.  running friday trails too :)

Edited by Bradywgn71
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bradywgn71 said:

Put us down as dispersed camping too.   RV going to be parked in Rimrock so we are close enough to bring the jeep and a tent.  running friday trails too :)

Depending on when you are going, we can caravan together.

:)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bradywgn71 said:

Just want to make sure, you will be arriving Thursday?

On 6/11/2021 at 7:15 AM, Trail Toy said:

@AZRNintheJeep242, should I go ahead and put you down as dispersed?  Last I checked you weren't sure yet.

I'm still not sure. LOL. I keep going back and forth between tenting it and a cabin.

• Like 1

Put me as tentative instead of for sure.  I'm having a procedure the Monday before, I will have to see if I'm up to the trip.

• Like 1

I realize it is still a month away, I sure hope it is cooler then.  We just spent a few days camping up at the Cinders (7,000 ft) and gave up because of the heat. 97* for a high yesterday, 86 at 9:30 am when we left.

• Sad 1
  • Wow 3

Research I did shows the average temperature for Mormon Lake in mid July is 85 degrees.  Here's to hoping it stays around that average. 😟  Of course mid 90's is a lot better than the 110+ I've been seeing at my house all week.  🔥🥵🔥

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 1