Sign in to follow this  
4x4tographer

NEW DATES! AUG 20 & 21: Northern Arizona Overland Traverse

Thanks for leading a kick ass trip Ryan.  Minus a road that disappeared and a chipped windshield at the end everything was awesome, can't wait until the next one!

Related to the washed out road, I called in this morning and left a message with the Forest Service folks in Williams.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Bradywgn71 said:

We had an awesome time.  Pups and us are so exhausted but what an amazing trip!!  Link to our photos.  Trip photos

On the way home Marty was kind enough to follow us for a bit as we were spewing out smoke.  Turns out the output shaft seal on the transfer case popped out and sent fluid back over the exhaust. It smoked like crazy and coated the underside and rear tire with oil.  Thankfully we didn't catch on fire.  So we are fixing that issue too.  She sure was a cranky XJ this trip!!

Great pics!!

I was thinking about the smoke on the way home and was thinking it was something along the lines of what you found. Glad you made it home okay.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ryan had a great time! Always expect the unexpected as we did with the washed out road

that halted our progress. But turned out OK as we found a great camp site! Again thanks

to everyone for the help & proved to always have a first aid kit in the group.   Al

• Like 4
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Bradywgn71 said:

We had an awesome time.  Pups and us are so exhausted but what an amazing trip!!  Link to our photos.  Trip photos

On the way home Marty was kind enough to follow us for a bit as we were spewing out smoke.  Turns out the output shaft seal on the transfer case popped out and sent fluid back over the exhaust. It smoked like crazy and coated the underside and rear tire with oil.  Thankfully we didn't catch on fire.  So we are fixing that issue too.  She sure was a cranky XJ this trip!!

Beautiful photos Sarah.....thanks for sharing. So glad you made it home safe. Longer list now. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mynr1 said:

Ryan had a great time! Always expect the unexpected as we did with the washed out road

that halted our progress. But turned out OK as we found a great camp site! Again thanks

to everyone for the help & proved to always have a first aid kit in the group.   Al

Nice to meet you Al! I saved that hook in case you need it. 😉🏻

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bradywgn71 said:

Kudos to Marty!!  

smiles, ladybug

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to Ryan for a fun trip.  The washout and the wildflowers were incredible.   Looking at everyone's pictures, the road looks pretty rough, but I still say it felt better than last time.  Maybe disconnecting the sway bar is a good idea. LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Curly said:

Thanks to Ryan for a fun trip.  The washout and the wildflowers were incredible.   Looking at everyone's pictures, the road looks pretty rough, but I still say it felt better than last time.  Maybe disconnecting the sway bar is a good idea. LOL

Our first time disconnecting too, not sure our brain cavities would of handled it otherwise. Next time we might even airdown. (JK has older tires and we weren't sure it was a good idea). It was nice meeting you and look forward to future runs together.

• Like 4

H! guys!

Thanks again for joining be on this adventure. I hope you all had an most excellent time!

I put together a trip report/photos here: 

I'll have an edit of the video footage I grabbed during the trip some time this week. :) 

Edited by theksmith
  • Thanks 1