theksmith

Custom Spare Tire Hoist on a Jeep Wrangler JK with 37s

Kris,

I looked at your creation again while showing it to a friend.  He was extremely impressed by the way.  Especially with the wheel grabber.

I thought I’d share his comment.  
He looked at the date of your post  and said “some Chinese company has already copied this and will have it in the catalogs by Xmas”

So true.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/5/2021 at 7:38 AM, jgaz said:

Kris,

I looked at your creation again while showing it to a friend.  He was extremely impressed by the way.  Especially with the wheel grabber.

I thought I’d share his comment.  
He looked at the date of your post  and said “some Chinese company has already copied this and will have it in the catalogs by Xmas”

So true.

Unfortunately your friend is likely right. As soon as you start making & selling something clever, or even apply for a patent, there's a Chinese copy available within a month for less than you can even make your version for as a small business. The lack of enforcement for patents world-wide, and even the patent-trolls filing frivolous lawsuits here in the US really stifle innovation.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

I went to the SEMA show in 2019.

The number of attendees running around photographing and even measuring! a vendor’s  product just blew my mind.

Im sure it was just a coincidence that for most of these individuals English was not their primary language

Edited by jgaz
  • Sad 1