Jump to content
4x4tographer

9/10 - 9/12/2021: 12th Annual ORP Dirt Formal Gala | Williams, AZ | 4x4 Easy | Primitive Tent/RV Camping

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Stacey and Scott said:

We are planning to be there Thurs morning-ish, heading out after morning rush hour. Let us know if anyone wants to caravan.

 Which site is the "preferred" base camp for the group? Is you think there might be a issues getting that site we can head up on Wednesday afternoon to stake a claim.

 

Heading up Thursday morning as well, but we may not be able to travel as quickly as you do.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MzPriss said:

 

Heading up Thursday morning as well, but we may not be able to travel as quickly as you do.

 

We're not in a race to get there the fastest, so if you want to caravan name a time and place that's good for you and yours.

We're coming out of surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are planning on coming up Thursday morning.  Hoping to be there between noon and 1 pm.  Bringing the truck and trailer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stacey and Scott said:

We're not in a race to get there the fastest, so if you want to caravan name a time and place that's good for you and yours.

We're coming out of surprise.

I still have your number.  I'll shoot you a text.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sucks for us, but we are not able to make this one...   :(   HOWEVER....   We are looking forward to at least enjoying some pic's & trip report's...   ;)

  • Dislike 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@4x4tographer I don't have any of my gps equipment handy, so going by the map in the 1st post and comparing to google maps, it looks like we go down FR 73 to Fire Road 110 AKA White Horse Road, where we make a left and and start looking to our left at around White Horse Camp. Please confirm that this is how to get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2021 at 2:47 PM, MzPriss said:

I still have your number.  I'll shoot you a text.

Sounds good!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diane, once you get on the lake road it is the 11th tall pine tree on the left

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there be ORP store gear at the event for purchase? Specifically a small decal banner in white? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dzJeepChic said:

@4x4tographer I don't have any of my gps equipment handy, so going by the map in the 1st post and comparing to google maps, it looks like we go down FR 73 to Fire Road 110 AKA White Horse Road, where we make a left and and start looking to our left at around White Horse Camp. Please confirm that this is how to get there.

 

Hey Diane!

Yup! Like you mentioned - all sites are off of FR 110 (Gaia map & map track)

 

Since everything is first come first serve, we've got 3 locations lined up. All 3 are off of 110 and are within 1 mile of each other.

 

Site numbers correspond with the Gaia map and the order in which you'll drive past them:

 

  • Site 1: 35.14036, -112.13019 (google)
    • Super shady site
    • Main site on left of road
    • Sister-site on the right of the road back in the trees
  • Site 2: 35.13290, -112.11122 (google)
    • We're targeting this spot first as it's the largest
    • This is just off of 110 on 747, about 100 feet
    • There are about 3-5 large shady clearings that are spread out
  • Site 3: 35.12599, -112.10493 (google)
    • Last ditch effort - no shade, large dirt clearing
    • Right side of the road

 

I'll have my radio with me and will be on GMRS Channel 20 (426.675 MHz) just in case.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...