4x4tographer

9/10 - 9/12/2021: 12th Annual ORP Dirt Formal Gala | Williams, AZ | 4x4 Easy | Primitive Tent/RV Camping

Revealing... the exclusive GALA WINNERS shirt design!!

AM-JKLUkiyJB-51t8EiloOjS6Rb9zVNZcZHUsDQv

You can ONLY get one of these badass shirts by winning the Navigation Challenge, or having the votes for Best Salsa or Best Dip (details below) - so let's get plenty of contestants bringing Salsas and Dips... and get your partner lined up for the Nav Challenge too!

We'll take orders from the winners for their requested size and style (mens or ladies, white only) and their shirts will be available within a few weeks.

Contest Details:

• ORP Blindfolded Navigation Challenge!
    • In this couples/team based game, the navigator guides their blindfolded drive around an off-road course using only common "spotting commands"
    • Will your co-pilot smash you into a tree? Can they keep you from running off the course? Let's find out!
    • Prize for best time around the course!

• Annual Salsa & Dip Contest:
    • *NEW - by popular demand, we are adding chip/veggie dip to the contest!
    • Enter your homemade salsa or dip!
    • Keep on ice until Saturday evening.
    • Offroad Passport will supply chips, and you're welcome to bring more.
    • EVERYONE come enjoy the chips and salsas/dips and PLEASE VOTE for the winners!
    • The salsas and dips will compete separately - prizes for the winners!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

I unfortunately have to bow out gracefully, the 10-12th doesn’t coincide with the every other Friday off schedule my coworker and I have worked out (he’s working 2 jobs and gets every other Friday off at his other one, and that’s his Friday).

I’ll just have to wait until next year I guess.

• Sad 3

For those of us who might not be able to attend, are there any accomodations to participate virtually? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, johnpa said:

For those of us who might not be able to attend, are there any accomodations to participate virtually? 

You're always on the bleeding-edge @johnpa 

If there is cell signal, it'd be interesting to try to live stream on the ORP Facebook group some of the games or events. Like the Navigation Challenge, or the How-Many-KFC-scented-Fire-Logs-Do-You-Need-to-Start-a-Campfire Challenge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hello everyone! The Gala is only a week away, can you believe it? As we count down the days, we have a few reminders and updates to share.

As always, all of the important stuff is in the 1st post of this thread.

Event Dates/Location

Dates: 9/10 - 9/12 (Fri-Sun)

Arrive anytime you'd like, most people show up Friday afternoon.

Early Arrivals: We have a few members who will be arriving on Wednesday or Thursday in order to save a spot large enough for everyone. If you are interested in arriving early, give us a shout so we can coordinate!

Location: We have 3 sites picked out. As camping in the National Forest is first come first serve, we will post the exact location as soon as we have it locked down.

All 3 sites are RV friendly  and located off of Forest Road 110 in the Williams Ranger District of Kaibab National Forest:

Camp Fires

There are no current restrictions on campfires. If you'd like to bring a bundle of wood or 2 to contribute, please do!

Reminders (Details in the 1st post)

• Contest: Don't forget your Salsa or Chip Dip contest entries!
  • (NEW!): 50/50 Raffle this year - bring cash if you wish to play
  • Bringing a Pet? Please familiarize yourself with Offroad Passport's Pet Policy
  • Make a donation! (Click Here for Info) Thank you so much for your support!
  • Liability Waiver: Please print, sign, and bring this form with you to the event.
  • Garbage/Facilities: Have a plan to pack out your trash. There are no services, facilities, or dumpsters
  • Like 3

@theksmith pleeeasssse don’t hate me. I’m going back to San Diego this Sunday… so I’m officially bowing out on this one.

Edited by KtroubleA
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

We are planning to be there Thurs morning-ish, heading out after morning rush hour. Let us know if anyone wants to caravan.

Which site is the "preferred" base camp for the group? Is you think there might be a issues getting that site we can head up on Wednesday afternoon to stake a claim.

11 hours ago, Stacey and Scott said:

We are planning to be there Thurs morning-ish, heading out after morning rush hour. Let us know if anyone wants to caravan.

Which site is the "preferred" base camp for the group? Is you think there might be a issues getting that site we can head up on Wednesday afternoon to stake a claim.

Heading up Thursday morning as well, but we may not be able to travel as quickly as you do.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MzPriss said:

Heading up Thursday morning as well, but we may not be able to travel as quickly as you do.

We're not in a race to get there the fastest, so if you want to caravan name a time and place that's good for you and yours.

We're coming out of surprise.

We are planning on coming up Thursday morning.  Hoping to be there between noon and 1 pm.  Bringing the truck and trailer.

• Like 1