Jump to content
4x4tographer

9/10 - 9/12/2021: 12th Annual ORP Dirt Formal Gala | Williams, AZ | 4x4 Easy | Primitive Tent/RV Camping

Recommended Posts

UPDATE: for the Gala Shirt Pre-Orders...

 

we ran a sample Mens XL and Ladies Large through the washer/dryer so you guys can see in person what size they end up being.

 

if you already pre-ordered shirts in the Shop and need to change your sizes after seeing them in person, just let us know during the event. (all the shirts will be ordered right after the Gala in one big bulk order, so we can still make changes till then.)

 

and of course if you prefer good ole American cash, we'll still be taking in-person orders for these exclusive shirts all during the Gala - just see myself or Diane!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drove up today to the spots.  Everything is fully dry and spot #2 looks awesome. Lots of level areas for RVs and tents.   There were a lot of campers in the surrounding area but most looked to be leaving.  Spot 2 has a ton of room.  Also, off the main road which is nice.

 

Cell signal (Verizon and at&20210906_105627.thumb.jpg.298b8406223561d10ba25d6f779be446.jpgt) was awful this time. Likely the result of all the campers in the area. Hopefully cell signal better for those needing to work prior to the Gala.  However, a short drive back a few miles and much better cell signal. See ya all later this week. We'll post up which spot we land in Wednesday dinner time.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Bradywgn71 said:

Drove up today to the spots.  Everything is fully dry and spot #2 looks awesome. Lots of level areas for RVs and tents.   There were a lot of campers in the surrounding area but most looked to be leaving.  Spot 2 has a ton of room.  Also, off the main road which is nice.

 

Cell signal (Verizon and at&20210906_105627.thumb.jpg.298b8406223561d10ba25d6f779be446.jpgt) was awful this time. Likely the result of all the campers in the area. Hopefully cell signal better for those needing to work prior to the Gala.  However, a short drive back a few miles and much better cell signal. See ya all later this week. We'll post up which spot we land in Wednesday dinner time.  


Thank you so much for doing that! Sounds like we’re shaping up for a grand gala! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bradywgn71, were you at the spot for a while and outside walking around?  We're concerned with the mosquito situation, it's really bad this year with the very active monsoon AZ is having.  A couple of people have died recently from West Nile virus and those of us with dogs need to be concerned as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No bugs at noon. Not a single mosquito seen but at dusk ya never know.  In our spot in Camp Verde no mosquitos but have midges that bite.  I'd bring bug spray to be safe but even when we camped in that Willams 2 weeks ago didn't notice much for bugs.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bradywgn71 said:

No bugs at noon. Not a single mosquito seen but at dusk ya never know.  In our spot in Camp Verde no mosquitos but have midges that bite.  I'd bring bug spray to be safe but even when we camped in that Willams 2 weeks ago didn't notice much for bugs.

Good to know, meant to ask you to check glad you did. Skeeters are bad here in Prescott in the pines. Expecting them...going with a deet can in each holster. 🦟🤠🦟

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have spray and nets to help fend off those little bastards.  Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Trail Toy said:

@Bradywgn71, were you at the spot for a while and outside walking around?  We're concerned with the mosquito situation, it's really bad this year with the very active monsoon AZ is having.  A couple of people have died recently from West Nile virus and those of us with dogs need to be concerned as well.

We are using Vets Best Mosquito Repellent on our dogs. It works in lower mosquito population, but up in the Bighorns they were so thick we ended up inside our tent. Hoping AZ doesn't get that bad after all the rains. Anyway, I believe Petco carries. 

PXL_20210906_214947231.jpg

PXL_20210906_214951105.jpg

PXL_20210906_214958898.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a good campfire will help too with bugs.  Reminder to bring Firewood.  This area has been picked pretty clean so not seeing free Firewood this trip.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some last minute reminders:

 

  • Don't forget your salsa!
  • Please bring firewood if you can fit a bundle or 2
  • Cash for 50/50 raffle, shirt orders, or a donation
  • Extra pop-up shelters & tables if you have any

 

Weather forecast is looking great currently - slightly cloudy and mid 80's during the day, low 50's at night. Don't forget your jackets!

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...