Surfy

Private Campsites - an business opportunity?

legal-wildcamp-in-nature-campfire-pitch-

The principle is simple: a website allows landowners to offer an exclusive pitch in nature for a fee. The landowner has an opportunity to earn extra money. The landowner decides himself about the daily fee and what he wants to offer. Only a pitch, or also electricity and water, WC, shower, fireplace, firewood, Internet.

A website operator provides a website, database, calendar function and credit card billing. Probably even a app for smartphones. He takes care of the maintenance of the data, takes care of reliable landowners, satisfied users. And he takes care of marketing, social media and gets a share of the fees.

This is not a utopia, but a well-established business in Switzerland and Germany, for example. It could be a great business idea to ask the operators for a licence or partnership and offer it in your country?

For me this is a win, too as traveller. Specially that I can legally can get a place exclusively just for myself or me and my friends. Would this work too in the US? Maybe it exists and only I don't know it?

Article:
https://vanlife.4x4tripping.com/2021/07/legal-camping-in-nature-alternative-to-campsites.html

Surfy

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, that exists here in the U.S.  My wife camped at a campground on private land near Zion, Utah back in June.  Most state/federal campgrounds were full or closed at the time so it was nice that a landowner was using part of his land as a campground.  A very good way for land owners to make some money on the side.

Edited by Trail Toy

there's also this service where businesses with extra space (typically wineries) offer a place to camp for a night when just passing through areas: https://harvesthosts.com/

• Like 1

Boondockers Welcome also

We have a few private campsites like that up here in the White mountains.  Also finding listings for privately owned campsites/campgrounds when searching certain areas on the hotels.com app.

Thank you all for your input! I was able to collect some more international Plattforms, I dindnt know bevore!

Surfy

• Like 3