Trail Toy

10/30/21 Halloween Run - China Dam - Morgan City Wash near Lake Pleasant - Easy to Moderate

Posted (edited)

Hell Yeah Yes GIF

This run will encompass several connected trails to create a loop and will be approximately 36 miles.  Starting on the back way to Crown King there will be a stop at China Dam (2 miles out, 2 miles back), then continue on to Champie Rd., only using the first 10.3 miles of back way to Crown King which is all easy.  Then travel on Champie Rd. to Castle Hot Springs (both about 4 miles each) and then to Morgan City Wash.  The final 13.5 mile stretch is Morgan City Wash which is the only section of this run rated as moderate (3). 

This run is subject to cancellation due to weather, fires and/or closures, etc.

REQUIREMENTS:

• A high clearance 4x4 with a low range transfer case option, suitable front & rear recovery point, aggressive 30"+ or larger A/T or M/T tires.  Recommend aftermarket skid plates, rock rails and sway-bar disconnects
  • Ham radio on 462.700 Mhz 
  • GMRS channel 21 (462.700 Mhz)
  • Rigs & drivers must meet all the typical state/federal legal requirements for on-highway vehicles (license, insurance, registration, seat belts, lights, etc.)

Itinerary:

• Meet up time will be 9am, depart by 9:30am.  Meet up spot will be a dirt lot off of N. Castle Hot Springs Rd. Map
  • Gas up beforehand, there are various places along the way to the meet up, 1 full tank should be plenty
  • Run an estimated 36 miles, travel time estimated 5-6 hours

Sign-Up:

1 - @Trail Toy 

2 - @Large_Marge

3 - @gearhead

4 - @Ken Ford

• Reply to this thread and I'll add you to the list.  There is no rig limit.
Edited by Trail Toy
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately I'm working, which really is a bummer cause we are huge Halloween freaks.

• Sad 2

Call in sick...  LMAO! 🤣

Sign me up, thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trail Toy said:

Call in sick...  LMAO! 🤣

Wish I could but it's our annual maintenance shutdown, to many fun tickets to be made $$$$

• Like 2

Sounds spooktacular....sign us up! 👻

By then it should be cool enough for us to come down off the mountain. 😂Black And White Vintage GIF

• Like 2

@gearhead and @We Just Go, how would y'all feel about bumping the meet up time an hour to 10am?  It's going to be a really nice day, mid 80's for the high, I was thinking a 9am start is just a hint early.  Please let me know how y'all would feel about a 10am meet up, thanks!

@Trail Toy we're not going to make the run on Saturday, our ZJ is on the mends and will be spending the day troubleshooting it. 😔

• Sad 1

I prefer to stick to the original meetup time of 9 am......got a tupperware party that night.   :)  

• Like 2

Not sure if there's a limit to number of vehicles but if your open to another rig, would like to join you guys.

• Like 2