Trail Toy

11/6/21 Schnebly Hill Rd. Near Sedona - Moderate

Schnebly Hill Road is both a road and a rite of passage. The road itself is crowded and annoyingly bumpy on the descent from the Rim into Sedona. But the views always delight, all that red and buff sandstone formed into monuments ranging from massive to whimsical. Despite being a Jeep Badge of Honor Trail, Schnebly Hill Road is a once and done for many. But it is one that you need to do and will always remember, a touchstone of the community if you will.   

Please join us for another fun day on this famous trail.  We're setting it up with a bit of an early start in hopes of not having to encounter too many other vehicles, this is a very heavily traveled and popular trail.  We also want to be in Sedona by lunch time, hopefully with the early start the arrival time in Sedona might be sometime between 12pm-1pm.

This run is subject to cancellation/postponement due to weather, fires and/or closures, etc.

• Technical Rating: 3-3 (Moderate)
  • More info/pics here: trailsoffroad.com
  • The badge of honor will be a personal choice for participants

REQUIREMENTS:

• A high clearance 4x4 with a low range transfer case option, suitable front & rear recovery point, aggressive 30"+ or larger A/T or M/T tires.  Recommend aftermarket skid plates, rock rails and sway-bar disconnects
  • Ham radio on 462.700 Mhz 
  • GMRS channel 21 (462.700 Mhz)
  • Rigs & drivers must meet all the typical state/federal legal requirements for on-highway vehicles (license, insurance, registration, seat belts, lights, etc.)

Itinerary:

• Meet up time will be 8am, depart by 8:30am.  Meet up spot will be a dirt area off of Schnebly Hill Rd. Map
  • Gas up beforehand, there is a Chevron & Shell about 2.25 miles north of the meet up spot in Munds Park, 1 full tank should be plenty
  • Run an estimated 11.14 miles, travel time estimated 3 hours

Sign-Up:

1 - @Trail Toy 

2 - @Large_Marge

3 - @We Just Go

4 - @AZRNintheJeep242 

5 - @ZR2-Ben

6 - @Cdub

• Reply to this thread and I'll add you to the list.
Edited by Trail Toy
  • Thanks 1

Let's do it Jason! 😎 Sign us up please.

• Like 1

Jason…

put me down as tentative for this. Need to check my work schedule Thursday when I go back to work.

• Like 1

Sign me up please! :D

• Like 1

Ok Jason, you can count me as a for sure on this one!

• Like 1

Hey Jason!  This is a great trail choice!  Just FYI - it is closed in the winter months....I don't think November is considered winter yet, but I know it does close - for elk migration.  So just a heads up in case the trailsoffroad doesn't include that info.

smiles, ladybug

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ladybug said:

Hey Jason!  This is a great trail choice!  Just FYI - it is closed in the winter months....I don't think November is considered winter yet, but I know it does close - for elk migration.  So just a heads up in case the trailsoffroad doesn't include that info.

smiles, ladybug

April 1st through Dec. 15th is when it's "typically open" according to trailsoffroad.com.  Being my run is in early Nov. I think we'll be fine. 😎

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Love 1

On 10/11/2021 at 2:53 PM, Trail Toy said:

April 1st through Dec. 15th is when it's "typically open" according to trailsoffroad.com.  Being my run is in early Nov. I think we'll be fine. 😎

Good deal!  Glad you knew the dates!

smiles, ladybug

• Like 1

I would like to add my nameCw . this would be my first badge 

• Like 2

Welcome to the club Clinton!

Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act