Jump to content
dzJeepChic

Possible Holiday Party 2022 Locations - Discussion

Recommended Posts

The phrase " it's just a forest road" comes to mind as this is being discussed. 🤣  Anywhere accessible for non rock crawlers sounds good to me.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarah and I did a little researching and found there is NO FEE for the "day use" sites at Burro Creek Campground.  Was there a date in mind?  Jan.15th is a Saturday, maybe that day?  Anyone familiar with this campground?  If not I can go scout it out and figure out if it's going to be big enough, hopefully be able to ask a ranger questions, etc. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've stayed at Burro Creek campground. Sites aren't large, don't recall what the day use sites looked like.  Bonus-- a Rest room for the ladie

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the party's Saturday January 8th, location TBD.

 

D & I talked briefly and I think we're leaning towards our standard holiday party routine, just in a new location. i.e. a day run with bbq & gift exchange out in the desert rather than any sort of campout.

 

 

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more suggestions: Alamo lake-either at the campground for the RR, or along the shore.  There is a pretty cool slot canyon that you can drive thru and a different one you can hike into.

 

6 mile crossing in the Burro creek area, east side of the highway.  I can't find any of my pics of it, but the area where the actual crossing is, is large enough for the group, and water for kids and dogs to play.

Some pics from a camp trip to Alamo lake and the slot canyon.

100_2868.JPG

100_2884.JPG

slot canyon swansea trip 2013.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theksmith said:

the party's Saturday January 8th, location TBD.

 

D & I talked briefly and I think we're leaning towards our standard holiday party routine, just in a new location. i.e. a day run with bbq & gift exchange out in the desert rather than any sort of campout.

 

 

Yay! On calendar! 🎄 All suggestions sound pretty good. Drawing straws next?😉

If in a good camp area and not freezing we MIGHT camp anyway, and others wanting to camp are welcome to join us. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Curly said:

Some more suggestions: Alamo lake-either at the campground for the RR, or along the shore.  There is a pretty cool slot canyon that you can drive thru and a different one you can hike into.

 

6 mile crossing in the Burro creek area, east side of the highway.  I can't find any of my pics of it, but the area where the actual crossing is, is large enough for the group, and water for kids and dogs to play.

Some pics from a camp trip to Alamo lake and the slot canyon.

100_2868.JPG

100_2884.JPG

slot canyon swansea trip 2013.jpg

Love the photos.....looks like a good setting for a big group. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, We Just Go said:

Yay! On calendar! 🎄 All suggestions sound pretty good. Drawing straws next?😉

If in a good camp area and not freezing we MIGHT camp anyway, and others wanting to camp are welcome to join us. 

4 day weekend for us (Thur- Sun). An extended stay doesn't sound half bad.

Edited by Stacey and Scott
I can't spell and have poor grammar
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not the spot from last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...