Trail Toy

1/29/22 Poland Rd./Big Bug Mesa/Senator Hwy - Easy to Moderate - Near Prescott

No worries @Sparky 01, life happens and gets in the way, we'll catch you on the next one.

Today's run...  EPIC!  Ice, snow and MUD!  Beautiful weather, scenery and awesome trails!  Thanks to everyone who made it out, nice to see familiar faces and new ones.  Special shout out & thanks to my beautiful and lovely wife for tail gunning today. 😘

Did I mention mud? 🤣

20220129_180346.thumb.jpg.71aa9897aae512bf56e2dbedc8901bcd.jpg20220129_180440.thumb.jpg.c8e2fa03880c152ac067ad03bddcc3ab.jpg

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 3

A few pictures from the trip.  Was a great day out everyone!

ORP Group Snow.jpg

ORP Group Snow2.jpg

Prescott Mnts.jpg

Snow Mnts Prescott.jpg

Snow Mnts Prescott2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Great pics Ben! 😎

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Trail Toy said:

Great pics Ben! 😎

I don't think my pictures do it justice.  Was a perfect combination of snow, mud, and scenery all day.  Thanks for making today happen, could not have picked a better time to be out there!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

Today was AWESOME! It was the a perfect combination of trail conditions, and was an absolutely gorgeous day!  This one is definitely worth doing again, and even checking out some of the side trails we saw!  The timing was perfection, with just enough snow to keep it fun and slippy slidy but not too much to be dangerous and impassible. Kudos @Trail Toy for excellent timing and choice of trails!

@Ken Ford thank you for spotting me on that one section! Hope your continued adventure this evening was AMAZING!  You will have to share how things went 🙌

@ZR2-Ben lovely meeting you and Zeus! He was a hoot! 😆

@Richard Anderson it was great seeing you and Diane again! 🌻

@BillsCarnage it was nice meeting you! Your rig did so great! 👍

Hope to see you all on the trails again soon!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 1/29/2022 at 11:18 PM, Large_Marge said:

PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

Today was AWESOME! It was the a perfect combination of trail conditions, and was an absolutely gorgeous day!  This one is definitely worth doing again, and even checking out some of the side trails we saw!  The timing was perfection, with just enough snow to keep it fun and slippy slidy but not too much to be dangerous and impassible. Kudos @Trail Toy for excellent timing and choice of trails!

@Ken Ford thank you for spotting me on that one section! Hope your continued adventure this evening was AMAZING!  You will have to share how things went 🙌

@ZR2-Ben lovely meeting you and Zeus! He was a hoot! 😆

@Richard Anderson it was great seeing you and Diane again! 🌻

@BillsCarnage it was nice meeting you! Your rig did so great! 👍

Hope to see you all on the trails again soon!!

It was good meeting everyone and a great run. Thanks @Trail Toy for setting this up.

Hopefully I can get my front end lifted a bit before the next one.

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, had a great time as always.

Very Cool Trail, and the snow was awesome!

Appreciate @TrailToy for putting it all together.

Was nice meeting @Richard Anderson, Im sure Jack will come around eventually :)

@BillsCarnage Your Cherokee did great. I was initially worried but it handled the trails just fine. Trail Rated!  LOL

Us Jeep guys gotta stick together! 

As always,  enjoyed meeting new folks and getting to know them as well as seeing friends from previous trips.

I was surprised today to see @ZR2-Ben Ben's ZR2 at OC2 Parking lot this morning. I didnt know you worked there.

As @Large_Marge mentioned, I decided to extend my trail run and headed back up the mountain onto Senator Hwy after leaving the run was over.

Senator Hwy back to Crown King is a lot longer then I thought and I arrived in CK after dark.

Considered taking the Back Way down to Lake Pleasant from CK but seeing an abandoned Jeep XJ on the side of the road near CK with both front tires tucked up

under it.....along with a Tow Strap on the back bumper brought some sense into my head. Looked like he sheared both upper and lower ball joints on both front tires.

Anyway, last thing I needed was being stuck on that trail by myself in the dark so took the standard road back to the I17 from CK.

To be honest, wheeling all day on Poland Rd, then all the way through Bradshaw Mt to CK and then CK to the hi way left me exhausted. 

Looked at the odometer and it showed 119 miles from our meet up at 09:00AM till I got back onto the 17 around 20:00.....   long but enjoyable day outdoors!

Thanks everyone!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

WOW, I really thought Crown King was closer.   Glad to hear you made it home ok.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Richard Anderson said:

WOW, I really thought Crown King was closer.   Glad to hear you made it home ok.

It's 37 miles on Senator Hwy from Prescott to Crown King. 😬

On 1/31/2022 at 11:21 AM, BillsCarnage said:

It was good meeting everyone and a great run. Thanks @Trail Toy for setting this up.

Hopefully I can get my front end lifted a bit before the next one.

Cheers

@BillsCarnage - just FYI, i saw this posted on a WK2 Facebook group the other day. i had no idea it was made to be removed easily:

wk2-front-air-dam.jpg

• Wow 1