Sign in to follow this  
WILL E

Sat: Oct 2nd Bulldog Canyon "Short and Easy" run

This is a nostalgic run for us, it was the first run that our poor little stock rig took after rolling off the lot.

Sorry y’all have to bail out.

6 hours ago, KtroubleA said:

Sorry y’all have to bail out.

No worries.  But you did miss a nice day out wheel'n. 

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone and give a little feedback to others who are new on Off Road Passport. 

It was my first time out with Off Road Passport members and I was a bit timid since I have never done this kinda of "Internet Wheelin Meetup thing" but it turned great! 

A great group to hang out with and really looking forward to more opportunities to hang out and Wheel with these good folks. Already signed up for a couple more trips :)    I've have never been out to Usery Pass and was really surprised just how clean and beautiful the area was and not that far from home!  @WILL EDid a great job of making sure we all felt relaxed while leading the group and was even nice enough to cook up some lunch snacks for everyone.  @Large_Marge Showed us all how well a Full Size Tundra could navigate the trails with confidence and @Stacey and Scott safely brought up the rear and took the time to take pictures on the trail.

Really enjoyed the conversations and sharing experiences with these folks just as much as the "wheelin" itself. Thanks Everyone. Great way to spend the Sat morning and looking forward to seeing you folks out on the trail !    

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hey All!

Mike and Ken, it was a blast to meet you both and we look forward to seeing you on more runs.  Thanks Mike for leading a great day!  It was a beautiful day to cruise the canyon.  The pace was slow and easy with frequent stops to hang out, bs, and just enjoy the great weather.  Mike has some mad "cooking on the road" skills he shared, a very nice treat!  And we can't forget the new rigs that have joined the ORP family as well...Large Marge showed her stuff, and Sara handled her like a pro, Ken, thanks for the Hella Light high school flash backs :), and Mike, what else can I say, sweet Cherokee.

Here are the pics...enjoy...and we look forward to rolling with you all again!!     https://photos.app.goo.gl/DWxKCPS8T54CN3eZ7

Stacey & Scott

I am glad everyone had fun on my inaugural OP run.  It's a short but fun little part of the Bull Dog canyon area.     I enjoyed meeting you all and wheeling with a mellow group of folks. 

Ken, I am glad you've discovered this area!  It will become a favorite, especially if you are showing off the desert to out of towners.   Unlike a lot of other areas around Saguaro lake it is still pretty clean and the lack of target shooting makes for a nice little gem of an area.  

Jason and Sarah, it was great meeting you guys and I am happy Sarah got some seat time.   You did great Sarah!  We just need to get the kids out of the truck more.  :)

Stacy and Scott, thanks for joining along, being the tail gunners and taking and posting the photos.   I am glad you came nd it was great meeting you both. 

This run was just what I was hoping for.  A chance to meet some of the OP members on one of my favorite runs.  

I look forward to wheeling with all of you again.  I'll start signing up for other runs but keep an eye open for more Bull Dog runs.  I tend to run it at least once a month, sometimes this shorter version, sometimes out to Wolverine, sometimes out to Apache Trail.     (We stop a bit less on the longer runs...)

Thanks again for making a great Saturday!

• Like 1

@WILL E Thanks for organizing and leading this! I love Bulldog Canyon, it was right in my backyard (Fountain Hills) until a couple weeks ago.  :)  I think the only reason it stays nice and clean out there is because of the locked gate combo system they've got going, and I think they should implement the same idea in lots of other places, but that's a different thread. :D 

Nice pics @Large_Marge & @Stacey and Scott, thank you for sharing!

I get both sides on the idea of locking gates and requiring permits for 'public land' (even more so now that they charge a small fee).    Fundamentally I am against the idea but I also have seen the realities of 'the public' not respecting the reasonable rules regarding staying on trails,  littering and just plain dumping their trash.   We only have to drive across the Beeline to the Sycamore creek area to see the alternatives. 

• Like 3