dzJeepChic

Rocktoberfest 2021

Rocktoberfest 2021 is off to a roaring start. Yesterday (day 1) we ran Black Inky Spring Memorial Run. So much carnage (breakage) we didn't get off the trail until midnight last night, home at 1 AM. Sorry kids, no pics today I needed sleep more. I'll post some as I can. Good news is @theksmith & @Number7 both came through unscathed, ready to hit it again.

Today we're running Safelite. Will report & post pics soonest. 

• Like 2

PXL_20211014_205339674.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dzJeepChic said:

Rocktoberfest 2021 is off to a roaring start. Yesterday (day 1) we ran Black Inky Spring Memorial Run. So much carnage (breakage) we didn't get off the trail until midnight last night, home at 1 AM. Sorry kids, no pics today I needed sleep more. I'll post some as I can. Good news is @theksmith & @Number7 both came through unscathed, ready to hit it again.

Today we're running Safelite. Will report & post pics soonest. 

Glad you hear you guys are alright. I was following the carnage report over on the RAW Facebook page, but wasn't sure if that was the same trail ya'll were running. Hope you're having a great time!

• Thanks 1

Yes unfortunately we were on that particular run yesterday - Black Inky Spring. However fortunately, Cream Puff and Gadget did not sustain any damage, though we did both have to pull cable on one obstacle.

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 1

PXL_20211015_175714719.jpg

• Like 4

PXL_20211015_182154947~2.jpg

• Like 3

Day 1 - Black Inky Spring Memorial Run Pics >>> HERE

Thursday, October 14, 2021, we met at the Powerhouse in Kingman and caravanned down I-40 to the Griffith Road exit, where we aired down. Before departing for the trail we stopped at the memorial for Larry, Wes and Virginia, our friends who were killed when their rigs collided with a train there on Easter. It was a somber moment. Black Inky Spring trail has changed a great deal since the last time we ran it. There were several places where almost everybody winched. There were multiple (really unusual!) mechanical failures that day: wheel studs that sheared off, a power steering hose that ruptured, a broken pinion shaft, and then the 💩 really hit the fan. It was dark by then, and we had gone into recovery mode. Several Mohave County Search and Rescue teams had been deployed, they located us just as we made it to the main road. We had to leave the Jeep with the broken pinion shaft. Finally back on the main road on the way to air up, another Jeep suffered a seized alternator which shreaded the serpentine belt, and then the guy towing him over-heated and got a flat. It was a hell-of-a-day on the trail! We aired up at midnight and got home at 1 AM.  Our trail leader Wayne @stockjeep didn't get home until 3:30. :o   

P1140420.JPG

P1140472.JPG

P1140523.JPG

P1140545.JPG

Test

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7N3PHFVRE8xdyn6R6

Edited by dzJeepChic
  • Like 3
  • Wow 2

Wow that’s a hell of a story! Love the photos. I’m sure you guys are going to remember that run for a long time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 4:11 PM, theksmith said:

Yes unfortunately we were on that particular run yesterday - Black Inky Spring. However fortunately, Cream Puff and Gadget did not sustain any damage, though we did both have to pull cable on one obstacle.

Cream Puff never pulled cable during the 3 days of wheeling. 🤠

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Number7 said:

Cream Puff never pulled cable during the 3 days of wheeling. 🤠

i was wrong - sorry to blemish your good name!

• Haha 3