shellback91

10/16 & 10/17-Campe Verde To Mogollon Rim Trip Report

10 hours ago, shellback91 said:

I forgot I saw those "blue birds" Saturday & Sunday more than once. I wasn't sure what they were but they were pretty big, now I know what they are. I also noticed the Ravens/Crows are a little bigger up there, spooky bastards! 🤣

Sarah grabbed a pic and vid of the blue woodpeckers, they are a little hard to make out but you can see them. 😎

I thought it would be fun to start off Marty's run with a little "sexy flexy" action but alas, I don't think the rock was quite big enough...  🤣

fles.JPG.79a0135a092cec5d1b2eece72154362a.JPG

flex2.JPG.a5efedb8c7a435b75d2fe5903a53e7e1.JPG

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Large_Marge said:

Absolutely beautiful trip!  Exhausting in a GREAT way!  This is exactly what i needed, a brain break from the corporate wheel. 

This weekend was the first overland trip for the family!  Nice to have another truck out with us! Also cool to see a RTT (roof top tent) in action.  @Cullen McCarthy had a great setup!

The views were just amazing!  The best across all our trips thus far!  My second favorite part of the trip was at about 500am Sunday morning I opened the rear hatch to watch the morning rays bring light to the dark skies to hear the elk calling.  Marilyn and I repositioned ourselves and enjoyed listening to the unique elk calling.  The dogs definitely had their ears perked in curiosity!

Great trip @shellback91! I GREATLY appreciate your planning and effort for this trip 🙌

The company and laughs were to be remembered!  Thanks for sharing so many bucket list trails @mynr1 ! I have those saved in my phone for future planning!  @Ken Ford thanks for bringing underbite Louie!! What a character! 

Photos and videos: I didnt get many photos of day 1 as the terrain required both hands at pretty much all times and I was already traveling at the rate of a snail so...didnt need to add to the snails pace by stopping for photos and vids. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/goC3FJtFaVsdEsqT6

Great pics, thanks for sharing them!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trail Toy said:

I thought it would be fun to start off Marty's run with a little "sexy flexy" action but alas, I don't think the rock was quite big enough...  🤣

fles.JPG.79a0135a092cec5d1b2eece72154362a.JPG

flex2.JPG.a5efedb8c7a435b75d2fe5903a53e7e1.JPG

I'll give you an A for effort! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Marty thanks for putting together a great trip!  Also thanks to the guys who jumped in

& got me back on the trail! Working on getting new links.    Al

• Like 5
  • Love 1