Trail Toy

12/18/21 Box Canyon via Castle Hot Springs, Buckhorn Springs & Constellation Rd. near Wickenburg - Easy to Moderate

12 minutes ago, We Just Go said:

🤔 well being that "they" want to get us off-roading types off so much land these days we will play by the rules and aquire one. I saw this on Trails Off Road and it looked like you can get a group or individual. 👍🏻

family or individual permits. there's a ton of STL land intermixed in with BLM land here in AZ - pretty much just need to have one and renew every year. at least it's easy to do online and print - used to have to go downtown to get it or wait for it to be mailed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, We Just Go said:

At least it's good for a year! 

Yeppers!  I'll be getting a new one myself next month when my current one expires. 😎  Although I might wait until January as both my runs next month take place before my permit expires.

Edited by Trail Toy

Looking forward to the trip Jason and thanks for putting it together. 

Will make to pick up my Family Permit. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ken Ford said:

Looking forward to the trip Jason and thanks for putting it together. 

Will make to pick up my Family Permit. 

Technically you should've had a permit already for my Halloween run.  But your secret is safe with me...  🤣

Hey Jason, some of us are newbies to running some of these trails here in AZ and aren't aware of permit requirements. Like the Tonto NF run coming up, wouldn't have known about that permit but thankfully you did include permit link in the requirements. Just suggesting to post up any links in the requirements section for the run for us who might not know. Without questioning it we would have gone without one thinking it was a group permit you/ORP acquired or something. We sincerely appreciate all the work you put in to organizing the run! See you tomorrow. ✌️

Thank you Ryan @4x4tographer for the link in above comment. Totally our kind of luck to get stopped 🤪

*** also wanted to add....in some states Jeeps (in our case) are not considered OHV and no permits required.  

Edited by We Just Go
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, We Just Go said:

Hey Jason, some of us are newbies to running some of these trails here in AZ and aren't aware of permit requirements. Like the Tonto NF run coming up, wouldn't have known about that permit but thankfully you did include permit link in the requirements. Just suggesting to post up any links in the requirements section for the run for us who might not know. Without questioning it we would have gone without one thinking it was a group permit you/ORP acquired or something. We sincerely appreciate all the work you put in to organizing the run! See you tomorrow. ✌️

Thank you Ryan @4x4tographer for the link in above comment. Totally our kind of luck to get stopped 🤪

*** also wanted to add....in some states Jeeps (in our case) are not considered OHV and no permits required.  

Guess what?  I beat you to the punch! 🤪 About 30-40 mins ago I edited 2 of my runs where I didn't mention the state trust permit that is required and doubled checked a couple others.  All my runs that require permits are now showing "permit required" under the "requirements" section of my posts if not already mentioned somewhere else in my posts. 😎

I never really did that for the state trust permits before because I figured folks would go to trailsoffraod.com and see that a permit is required.  From now on I will ALWAYS include a link in my posts if a permit is required. 👍

I Can Do What I Want Parks And Recreation GIF

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Trail Toy said:

Guess what?  I beat you to the punch! 🤪 About 30-40 mins ago I edited 2 of my runs where I didn't mention the state trust permit that is required and doubled checked a couple others.  All my runs that require permits are now showing "permit required" under the "requirements" section of my posts if not already mentioned somewhere else in my posts. 😎

I never really did that for the state trust permits before because I figured folks would go to trailsoffraod.com and see that a permit is required.  From now on I will ALWAYS include a link in my posts if a permit is required. 👍

I Can Do What I Want Parks And Recreation GIF

Awesome! We are all set to wheel (legally) now. 

Funny.....we actually have business cards with Ron's photo that states "I DO WHAT I WANT" 😆

Edited by We Just Go
  • Like 1

I should know better than to assume folks are checking trailsoffroad.com. 🙄 To quote from the movie Under Siege: Dark Territory, "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups". 😲

Assumption GIF by consider.ly - level up your UX research with our GIFs!

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 1

Thanks guys.... got my family Permit.

Will check out Trail Off Road .com

• Like 2