ob1jeeper

14 ft Boat for sale - $2200

1986 Lowe manufacturing                       Superior V 14                     Modified “V” aluminum boat.

This is a double-riveted aluminum hull, designed for commercial and heavy-duty service.    It is rated for max. 25 hp outboard and 725 lbs (including, all motors, equipment, & passengers)

It’s a former Missouri Department of Conservation unit my Dad purchased as “hull only” at a state property auction around 1996-97, and located the trailer for it shortly thereafter.

When purchased, the transom wood core was going bad & replaced, and an outboard and trolling motor were sourced.

When he no longer could, I bought the boat, and fabricated 1/8 inch thick aluminum transom skin plates to both strengthen the transom, but also raise the motor to correct height for the 20 inch shafted motor he had located, (the transom is a 15 inch).   Then, life happened and I lost interest.

I recently located a correct length outboard (a low hours 15 inch shaft 1998 Johnson 8hp outboard, from the original owner).    It had a recent water pump impellor replacement, starts easily, shifts cleanly, and it runs out as it should, and comes with a quick-disconnect 6 gallon fuel tank with good condition hoses and priming bulb.

With a now-correct length motor, I trimmed the previously added skins and materials to correct the transom back to a std. 15” height and mounted the newly acquired outboard.

The boat, sits on a solid condition mid 1990's single axle trailer manufactured by "Shore-Lander", with "bearing buddy" hub-covers. The, bearings were repacked and seals were replaced before I towed it out from Missouri (~ 12 years ago), and has not been to the water since.

I’ve upgraded the trailer to 13" diameter radial tires and white spoke wheels, including a tongue mounted matching spare, as the 12 inch original tires were dry-rotted.   I replaced the 1 7/8” coupler with a 2” coupler, moved the tail lights up high enough to keep them from being dipped in water during launch/retrieval, and added a transom-saver support bar assy. (internal spring loaded), which clips to the rear of the trailer and attaches to the motor’s lower gear-case, to reduce stress on the transom when being trailered.

Included with the sale are;

- a pair of marine grade foam padded folding seats (tan marine vinyl), mounted to pivoting/latching seat brackets.   Seats are easily removable for storage by loosening the wing-nut adjusted clamps holding it to the aluminum bench seats

- an anchor of suitable size for the boat

- the aforementioned 12V trolling motor (no battery)

- oars

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG