Trail Toy

11/30/21 Exploratory Run Near Vistancia (NW Peoria)

Myself and Ed @LaZorraRoja are going to do some exploring in the hills between Vistancia and Highway 74 just south of Lake Pleasant.  Anyone who has the day off and would like to join us we'd love to have you along.  This will be a shorter run, maybe just a couple hours if that.  

• Technical Rating: not sure as this is exploratory so we'll have to play it by ear

REQUIREMENTS:

• A high clearance 4x4 with a low range transfer case option, suitable front & rear recovery point, aggressive 30"+ or larger A/T or M/T tires.  Recommend aftermarket skid plates, rock rails and sway-bar disconnects
  • Ham radio on 462.700 Mhz 
  • GMRS channel 21 (462.700 Mhz)
  • Rigs & drivers must meet all the typical state/federal legal requirements for on-highway vehicles (license, insurance, registration, seat belts, lights, etc.)

Itinerary:

• Meet up time will be 9am, depart by 9:30am.  Meet up spot will be a dirt lot off of Lone Mountain Rd. & Loop 303: Map
  • Gas up beforehand, 1 full tank should be plenty
  • Travel time estimated 1-3 hours estimated 8.6 miles 

Sign-Up:

1 - @Trail Toy

2 - @LaZorraRoja

• Reply to this thread and I'll ad you to the list, there is no rig limit at this time.
Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 1

I've mapped out a route, 4.31 miles one way and this will be an out and back.  Of course being that it's exploratory who knows what could happen, lol!

Edited by Trail Toy

Thanks to Ed for throwing out the idea of wheeling, the 2 of us did a fun little run that we completed in about 1 hour 45 minutes.  Nothing too technical, I'd rate what we did as easy to moderate (1-3).  We ended up running north all the way to Highway 74 instead of the out and back.  Looking forward to the pics! 😎

• Like 1

Thanks Jason for mapping this out. This was a surprisingly fun little run! I never thought much about how much we have in our own backyard to play in. 

here come the pics!

DSC03236.jpg

DSC03240.jpg

DSC03245.jpg

DSC03247.jpg

DSC03249.jpg

DSC03250.jpg

DSC03257.jpg

DSC03258.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Great flex shots, love it!