d3lbort

So this happened.. no off-roading for awhile

I was in an accident yesterday evening. Thank God both of us we’re ok and walked away without any injuries.. but unfortunately the Jeep will be out of commission for awhile until insurance handles everything. I was going from the parking lot to the lane to do a u-turn, and he was driving on the wrong side of the road. Didn’t see him till last min. He rammed my right tire area and slid along the side step. Broken wheel well, suspension, and tire rod. Bumper and fender took a hit too. Not sure what else went on underneath. Too soon to tell.

I was so excited about my back to back off-road trips this weekend.. but everything happens for a reason. This is only a setback, not the end! She and I will come back stronger💪 See you all on the trails again (hopefully) soon❤️2D9C873E-8D87-4433-A2A2-2F887CF29DB5.thumb.jpeg.54e8f0641d48fc2f3ac5a176c358d1d9.jpeg

CF44DD1F-312F-4CF7-AD6F-F66F5EDB16F6.jpeg

C3BBDF48-EF2F-4DEC-B308-188730BCF023.jpeg

3BDC172E-D18F-4078-A68A-D9A1AC1A6609.jpeg

48DCF965-98B8-4AFD-8FBC-0EFBC32EFEE9.jpeg

465412AC-FAE8-4A72-9FB1-B5078D440935.jpeg

• Sad 3
  • Wow 2

Youch! Glad you're OK. You're right that its "just a set back". Hopefully they get you sorted quickly.

It always amazes me when I see these sports cars that run in to Wranglers. Outwardly they always look OK. 

• Like 2

I was afraid this is what you were going to post, so sorry this happened to you and it's good to hear y'all made it out without serious injuries.  If you have any questions/need help with insurance stuff message Sarah @Large_Marge, she's been working in the insurance industry for over 16 years and is very knowledgeable with car accident stuff.  I hope everything goes well getting this situation squared away and you can get back out on the trails sooner than later!

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, 4x4tographer said:

Youch! Glad you're OK. You're right that its "just a set back". Hopefully they get you sorted quickly.

It always amazes me when I see these sports cars that run in to Wranglers. Outwardly they always look OK. 

Yes! The impact felt worse. I thought for sure the jeep took more damage than it did. That poor small sports car tho.. Jeeps are tough, but one of the responders told me the tire size is what saved me from more damage. 

Edited by d3lbort
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Trail Toy said:

I was afraid this is what you were going to post, so sorry this happened to you and it's good to hear y'all made it out without serious injuries.  If you have any questions/need help with insurance stuff message Sarah @Large_Marge, she's been working in the insurance industry for over 16 years and is very knowledgeable with car accident stuff.  I hope everything goes well getting this situation squared away and you can get back out on the trails sooner than later!

Thank you so much! Will keep that in mind.

• Like 3

glad everyone is ok!

hopefully the insurance and then the shop both move fast and you can get back to having fun offroad soon. 

• Like 2

Holy cow! Glad your both okay. Hope everything gets worked out quickly for you.  

• Like 2

How the heck was he driving the wrong way?   I am glad you are okay.  Hopefully you'll get your jeep back soon. 

• Like 1

I'm so sorry, Deli, that this happened to your Jeep. I'm glad you are OK!

I hope everything is fixed and you are back on the trails soon. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, d3lbort said:

465412AC-FAE8-4A72-9FB1-B5078D440935.jpeg

DANG! I'm glad you're alright and your Jeep is mostly alright too! Unbelievable that car was going the wrong way. I would caption this pic 'I'd rather be a Jeep than a Mazda'.

• Like 2