theksmith

Jeep JK freedom top hinge?

Is it just me, or does this not sound like an expensive way to send your freedom panels flying across the freeway?

"$259.00 ... Made from a strong nylon material, combined with a super aggressive, permanent adhesive tape ...  Once installed, just unlatch your panels and flip them back onto the roof of your Jeep.  The panels rest quietly on the roof whether you’re going down the highway, heading down a dirt road or just driving around town."

https://trukkfab.com/products/freedom-hinge

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Anything that attaches to a vehicle with "super aggressive, permanent adhesive tape"  is something I want to avoid at all costs. I'm a little weird like that.

• Haha 1

i actually don't doubt that a good industrial adhesive, applied to a properly prepared surface, could hold up an entire Jeep...

but there's no latch or anything to hold them down after you fold them back. so i think they would just be bouncing and flopping around on the trail making a horrible racket and working themselves loose possibly. then you hit the highway and swwooooosh - there they go flying into someone else's windshield!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, theksmith said:

i actually don't doubt that a good industrial adhesive, applied to a properly prepared surface, could hold up an entire Jeep...

but there's no latch or anything to hold them down after you fold them back. so i think they would just be bouncing and flopping around on the trail making a horrible racket and working themselves loose possibly. then you hit the highway and swwooooosh - there they go flying into someone else's windshield!

Velcro 😅

6 hours ago, theksmith said:

Is it just me, or does this not sound like an expensive way to send your freedom panels flying across the freeway?

This question has me over here just cracking up. 🤣

• Haha 2