SonoranWanderer

"Bluebell" Shelley's 2021 4xe (SonoranWanderer's wife)

Posted (edited)

Worth noting on the winch positive lead loom, Warn pre-looms their ZEON Platinum series positive cables. And it is full wrap, not split loom too.

WarnZeonFactoryLoom.thumb.jpeg.4270446f8e56ef4609f4e9b453c91cc0.jpeg

Edited by SonoranWanderer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SonoranWanderer said:

(Pardon the dirt/mud I didn't get completely wiped off. We live on a dirt road and well you know the recent weather...)

That's the cleanest filthy Jeep I've ever seen! :D

Looking good man! Good call on the looming. Mine isn't - that's pretty cheap insurance. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, 4x4tographer said:

That's the cleanest filthy Jeep I've ever seen! :D

Looking good man! Good call on the looming. Mine isn't - that's pretty cheap insurance. 

It needs a serious bath and front RokBlokz flaps. The doors are coated in crud and we haven't put her new 35's on yet.

Warn also makes a power disconnect for winch-sized power loads.  I am pondering adding that for additional safety. It's not what I consider critical at this point, but I like the cheap comfort none-the-less. The Smittybilt 10k on the 2008 green JKUR was neither loomed nor power disconnected and somehow we survived. But like all insurances (cash or physical), it only seems like overkill until that very moment you actually needed it.

Given my past professional electrical and engineering background, I am disappointed that I did not think to do it myself. But I guess that is one of the many reasons why you have friends and peer review!

• Like 1

@SonoranWanderer
Thanks for the info to “Cable Ties and More”.  
Interesting you mention Chrysler spec loom product,  the last loom I ordered from Amazon just did “feel” like the product that I used to use at work.  ???

I’m going to give your vendor a try.

BTW:  It may be me but I can only see your first pic in the above post

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, jgaz said:

@SonoranWanderer
Thanks for the info to “Cable Ties and More”.  
Interesting you mention Chrysler spec loom product,  the last loom I ordered from Amazon just did “feel” like the product that I used to use at work.  ???

I’m going to give your vendor a try.

BTW:  It may be me but I can only see your first pic in the above post

@jgaz, check the post at this point, there should be four images.  I also updated the post to link to CTAM. The Chrysler spec loom, also the same of some other manufactures, accounts for common chemical exposure in the engine compartment and from roads. Inside the vehicle's cabin I would worry less about that. Note that despite the high heat rating of the Chrysler spec you still should add heat reflective tape when routing near any exhaust tubing or equipment and any other extreme temperature item (starter motor, radiator, etc). My general rule of thumb is to follow existing wiring routes and add reflective tape where the manufacturer does.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

i now see the first 2 of 4 images, others are the Google "nope" icon for lack of a better description, and so is the one in the at the top of this page.

Edited by theksmith

19 hours ago, theksmith said:

i now see the first 2 of 4 images, others are the Google "nope" icon for lack of a better description, and so is the one in the at the top of this page.

Try it now. Not sure why it did what it did originally.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SonoranWanderer said:

Try it now. Not sure why it did what it did originally.

all of them seem to be working now!

• Like 2

Think you are cool with the JL or JT's Off-road pages? Well the 4xe has Hybrid Electric Pages. 😎 For those keeping score at home, this is the Jeep cruising on Carefree Highway using about 17.5 ponies (HP). And another 2.7 ponies to warn my my cold hands.

4xe_hybrid_pages.thumb.jpeg.25a7979f53d586ee12054acab3a66ee0.jpeg