6 hours ago, theksmith said:

the rocker switch on the compressor actually just signals 2 large built-in relays. you wire the pressure-switch in series with that rocker and so it's also only signaling those internal relays (once the toggle is "on"). 

you could have just used the output from your Jeep switch panel to trigger that same low current internal relay circuit.

Is the idea to  connect from the switch panel right to the compressor switch wire and basically bypass the compressor on/off switch?   

Looking at his mount and setup I am not sure I would bother with an in cab switch.   Adds complexity (failure points) where there doesn't need to be any.  Just turn the compressor on at the compressor switch when you grab the hose.     If you had a tank then being able to flip in on in the cab would help but then you will want to add a pressure switch and a tank won't help much in a 4 tires inflation system.    At this point I would consider just keeping it simple and if you decide an in cab switch would improve your experience you can add it later. 

Edited by WILL E

The plan is pretty fluid as there are many ways to go about setting this up. At present, I'm thinking to bypass the switch on the compressor so I don't have to open the tonneau cover to gain access to it. The hoses will be plumbed from the bed to each side of the truck. I can T off a line to the wheels and just have those 2 hoses to connect when I go to fill... And only 2 hoses to fight with to put away when I'm done. 😆

Edited by LaZorraRoja

If you get a high amp relay and circuit breaker. 

Power side:

Large wire from battery to circuit breaker then to  post "30" on the relay. 

Large wire from post 87 to compressor

Switch side:

Wire from switchbox (1 through 6 in the example) to post 85 on the relay.

Ground wire (small) to post 86 on the relay. 

If you us a regular relay at the compressor then slice the wire as shown in the pressure cut off video and connect it to 30 and 87 on the relay.   Your 'Switch' wire will need to be run from the switch box all the  way compressor and, in that case, I would fuse it where you attach it to your switchbox 

Disclaimer: I am NOT an electrical expert or an automotive mechanic.   But I do have a really good understanding of how automotive electrical systems work including relays. 

Edited by WILL E
  • Like 1