Sign in to follow this  
LaZorraRoja

House Mountain Lookout

Frank and I did a short but fun and scenic run to House Mountain yesterday. I didn't realize at the time it is/was a shield volcano and we were looking down from the caldera rim, but we were. You can see the rim of the volcano to the right of where I was standing; it's covered with grass. The route has a couple of shelf areas that might give some challenge to someone with smaller than 33s, a few small basketball-size rock gardens, and  several deep washed-out ruts to navigate. That's about it for challenging terrain, but it was technical enough to feel like "off-roading". Without having to worry about body damage, it was just fun. :)

The views are absolutely spectacular, as the summit is pretty small and you have 360° to view the Verde valley, cottonwood, Sedona, flag, the rim etc.

20211227-DSC03628.jpg

20211227-DSC03619.jpg

20211227-DSC03627.jpg

20211227-DSC03657_Panorama1_2.jpg

20211227-DSC03639.jpg

20211227-IMG_20211226_232002_751.jpg

Edited by LaZorraRoja
  • Like 2

That looks like a great time!  I love the pictures.   I enjoy my 'fun' runs where it's a bit technical but  the pucker factor is a bit lower.   Variety is a good thing!

• Like 1

Nice photos man! Love that trail! Unbelievable views. 

Thanks man! I will definitely do that one again. The Milky Way and lightning would look awesome from up there.

My front door faces House mtn, but the funny thing is, when I am up there, I can't see my house.  The angles don't work.  Views are great though.

100_6937.JPG

Edited by Curly
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Curly said:

My front door faces House mtn, but the funny thing is, when I am up there, I can't see my house.  The angles don't work.  Views are great though.

100_6937.JPG

You have an awesome view then. Except for the tourists I'd love to live there.

3 minutes ago, LaZorraRoja said:

You have an awesome view then. Except for the tourists I'd love to live there.

I live in Cornville, so the tourists aren't as bad here as they are in Sedona.  Traffic in the area has definitely increased since we moved here.  Page springs road and Cornville road have lots more traffic than they did 10 years ago.

• Like 1