BillsCarnage

Hello from the south side

Long time lurker, first time poster and wanted to say hi to everyone. I have a 2015 wk2 and am always looking for trails and places to explore in AZ, although it has been a year or so since I've done any off-roading. It's the family truckster, so I can't take it on anything too crazy, but I've had fun with it.

One question I have is that I've been wanting to get a small lift on it - Billstein 5100's on the front and TJ spacers on the back. Any recommendations for shops for the work?

TIA

Bill

• Like 2

Welcome to the ORP fam! This group runs a wide range of trails from easy dirt roads to some more crazy stuff. You'll absolutely find some runs here that will work for you and your comfort level.

As for the lift, there are a few folks here with WK2's that might have some advice for you. Off the top of my head: @Bradywgn71 and @theksmith

Might depend on what options you have. I understand some of the WK2's have that fancy air lift stuff going on.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info @4x4tographer

I have springs. The air lifts can be somewhat difficult to lift from my understanding.

I've really been itching to do the back way to Crown King, but a couple of my friends with JK's poop out when it comes up as a suggestion.

• Like 2

Just now, BillsCarnage said:

I've really been itching to do the back way to Crown King, but a couple of my friends with JK's poop out when it comes up as a suggestion.

You have the Trailhawk? If you've got rock rails and skids, it's doable. I can only think of one spot where you might need a tug or rock stacking (the ledge at Oro Bell Mine) and you'll probably scrape your belly.

I've personally run Back Way to CK in a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk 3 different times successfully, but absolutely used my rock sliders.

I normally lead a trip up there 1-2 times a year with ORP.

• Like 1

Not a trailhawk, but a trail rated Limited that I put the Mopar rock rails on. I put 33's on and that's why I need to get it lifted as it rubs on the fender trim over bumps and dips.

IMG_20190625_180427 - Copy.JPG

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I've actually been back on El Oso and it is my nemesis. LOL

• Like 1

Hi there and :welcome: 

Nice looking Jeep!!

• Like 1

welcome, that is a sweet looking WK2!

Joe at On Point Performance and Offroad is my go-to in terms of shops, he's on the west side of town.

if you're on the east side, another member that i trust opinions from has been happy recently with HMC Offroad in Mesa.

• Like 1