WILL E

BULLDOG Saturday 15th of January 2022 (East to Moderate)

The weather should be nice.    

This time we will keep the option of going out south on FR10 and exiting at Wolverine.   We'll start in around 10:00 am.    We will enter in on 3554 but if the weather is nice and anyone wants to go south on FR10 we will take it out to Wolverine.   If you want to go North on Fr10 and exit Bush due to time constraints we will make sure someone tags along with you and you get to the gate.  It's a short quick run from the 3554/10 intersection. 

A permit is required, it's $6, lasts 6 months and is specific to the Bulldog Canyon area:  https://www.recreation.gov/vehiclepermits/3332401

• Technical Rating: 2-3 (easy) if you exit off of Bush, I'd give it a 4 if we go South to Wolverine.   There is one tipsy spot going downhill that can be a little exciting. 

REQUIREMENTS:

• A stock clearance 4x4 with a low range transfer case option, suitable front OR rear recovery point (trailer hitch is fine), stock tires.   (I've done this trail in a ZR2 our to Wolverine)
  • Rigs & drivers must meet all the typical state/federal legal requirements for on-highway vehicles (license, insurance, registration, seat belts, lights, etc.)
  • $6 permit per vehicle.  Each OPERATOR must have a permit, families can share a permit
  • This is a great trail for people with little to no experience.
  • Everyone must stay on the designated trails 

Radios:  Not required.   Ham on 462.700, CB or FRS all work for me.   Trail finding is easy and we'll keep you in our mirrors. 

Itinerary:

Meet up time will be 10:00 am at fr3554 trail head off of Usery Pass.   We'll air down (optional) and chat a bit. 

We'll stop at least twice to enjoy the view and chat.  I'll make some cheese crisps for anyone interested in a snack when we stop for lunch. 

At FR10 you can  head North to Bush Highway exit or South to Wolverine.  

The trail is about 7 or 8 miles long to Bush.  Wolverine is another 10 or so miles and takes another 45 or so minutes (we will stop less on 10). 

Bring the kids, the pets, Grandma.   

Bring something for lunch.  We'll stop for about an hour for lunch under the shade of some mesquite trees.

3554 trail head:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/West+Gate+to+Bulldog+Canyon+OHV+Area/@33.5026963,-111.6133648,15.5z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x872bbb81761e8ac7:0xc24136abcb51c998!2sUsery+Pass+Rd,+Mesa,+AZ+85207!3b1!8m2!3d33.5240835!4d-111.61566!3m4!1s0x872bbba068b5c437:0xe103b51b92f8ed81!8m2!3d33.5047988!4d-111.6172384

Signed Up:

WILL: 83' Cherokee

Stacey and Scott:  17 JKU  (Tail Gunners)

Richard Anderson: F150

CharlesM4: 2018 Toyota

Sparky 01: Blue Tacoma

Susan Harvey: Toyota Tacoma 2019.  

Edited by WILL E
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You know, we'd probably tag along with you on this one but we already made plans to go run Wickenburg's Box Canyon on Saturday, taking some friends and their daughter with us.  Their daughter's b-day is very close to the twins b-day so this is kinda like a b-day run for the kiddos. 😎

Have fun and hopefully you'll find some folks to tag along with you!

The pups heard about the cheese crisps, we're in

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stacey and Scott said:

The pups heard about the cheese crisps, we're in

Since you all are coming in from Surprise we will make sure to make it worth the drive and do the longer run!  Thanks for signing up. 

• Like 1

Diane and I would like to join the group Saturday (white Ford F 150)

• Like 4

Welcome new folks!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Richard Anderson said:

Welcome to Offroad Passport!

Id like to join you guys for this one, first run for me too.   Planning on brining the kid.

• Like 3

Welcome to ORP Charles! 

Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CharlesM4 said:

Id like to join you guys for this one, first run for me too.   Planning on brining the kid.

18 hours ago, Richard Anderson said:

You guys on are the list!