Trail Toy

4/9/22 Constellation Loop - Near Wickenburg - Easy to Moderate

Posted (edited)

Roberts Camp is one of the main routes in the region that allows you to easily access the remote desert mountains before finally reaching the Hassayampa River Canyon Wilderness. With fun and challenging hill climbs and oasis-like fauna, this trail is one of the more interesting and moderate trails in the area. It connects with other great trails, that when combined, make for a nice scenic day away from the city.

Corner Spring is a short connector trail that allows users to connect two popular trails, creating what is often called Constellation Loop. This offroad trail, or the entire Constellation Loop, makes for a great day with a wonderful feeling of being remote and far away from it all.

We'll start in Wickenburg on Constellation Rd. and head north to Buckhorn Springs.  Then we'll run a "loop" heading east on Buckhorn to Roberts Camp then head north on Roberts Camp to Corner Springs Trl.  Then we'll head west on Corner Springs back to Constellation Rd. and then head south thus completing the loop, we'll reconnect and air up at the meet up spot.

This run is subject to cancellation/postponement due to weather, fires and/or closures, etc.

REQUIREMENTS:

• A high clearance 4x4 with a low range transfer case option, suitable front & rear recovery point, aggressive 30" or larger A/T or M/T tires.  Recommend aftermarket skid plates, rock rails and sway-bar disconnects
  • Ham radio on 462.700 Mhz 
  • GMRS channel 21 (462.700 Mhz)
  • Rigs & drivers must meet all the typical state/federal legal requirements for on-highway vehicles (license, insurance, registration, seat belts, lights, etc.)
  • Permit required: Link

Itinerary:

• Meet up time will be 9am, depart by 9:30am.  Meet up spot will be behind the McDonald's in Wickenburg: Map
  • Gas up beforehand, there are several stations in Wickenburg, 1 full tank should be plenty
  • Run about 20.3 miles, travel time estimated 3-4 hours

Sign-Up:

@Trail Toy

@AZRNintheJeep242

@BrunoR

@Mick Bowers

@Jamie Fitzmaurice

@Ken Ford

• Reply to this post to be added to the list, there is no rig limit at this time
Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 1

Sign me up for this run.  I happen to be off that weekend and haven't wheeled in that area in years.

• Like 1

Sign me up for this ride.

• Like 1

Will my Ram 2500 w/fFWC pop up camper make thus run? Slight lift on 35’s. Thanks 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Franky said:

Will my Ram 2500 w/fFWC pop up camper make thus run? Slight lift on 35’s. Thanks 

The best answer I have is I don't know.  According to trailsoffroad.com a full size should make it through the narrow sections of Robert's Camp.  2 of the trails on this run are new to me and my experience over the past 6 months is most of the new to me trails I've run are a little harder than what they are rated.

Edited by Trail Toy

Hey Jason!  Welcome to Wickenburg!

Just a heads up that April 9th is the date of a big rodeo, at the rodeo grounds on Constellation Road... 7 am to 9 pm.  You may likely experience Heavy traffic coming into town, at McDonalds, etc etc...Just so you are aware...

smiles, ladybug

• Wow 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Ladybug said:

Hey Jason!  Welcome to Wickenburg!

Just a heads up that April 9th is the date of a big rodeo, at the rodeo grounds on Constellation Road... 7 am to 9 pm.  You may likely experience Heavy traffic coming into town, at McDonalds, etc etc...Just so you are aware...

smiles, ladybug

Thanks for the heads up!  Maybe I'll move the meet up spot north of that area or try and find a spot where we don't have to deal with the traffic.

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 1

Sign me up Jason. Not sure yet about Box Canyon at this time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Ken Ford said:

Sign me up Jason. Not sure yet about Box Canyon at this time.

Box Canyon is just a maybe but now that I know about the rodeo and most likely changing up the meet up spot and possibly running a trail to bypass the rodeo area Box Canyon will most likely be removed as a maybe.  I have to head out there and do a little pre-run to see what can be done.

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 1

Hey Jason....my bad, but found that rodeo is from 7 pm to 9 pm....It will still be a zoo here, as the cowboys and cowgirls and horses come into town, so not sure what to tell you to expect...Just wanted to make you aware of it...sorry about the time difference.....

smiles, ladybug

• Like 1