Trail Toy

4/9/22 Constellation Loop - Near Wickenburg - Easy to Moderate

16 minutes ago, Ladybug said:

Hey Jason....my bad, but found that rodeo is from 7 pm to 9 pm....It will still be a zoo here, as the cowboys and cowgirls and horses come into town, so not sure what to tell you to expect...Just wanted to make you aware of it...sorry about the time difference.....

smiles, ladybug

That's actually great news, we'll be done and gone for several hours by then.

I just joined as a new member. Please sign me up for this ride.

• Like 1

Put me down too. Thx

Mock 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BrunoR said:

I just joined as a new member. Please sign me up for this ride.

Welcome to ORP Bruno!

Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Scheduling conflict , so I will have to cancel my participation on the constellation loop ride,

regards kj 

• Like 1

Will be in Prescott Friday night so I will be coming down from there.

• Like 1

Calamity Wash is a no go. 🙁 Went up there this morning to do a pre-run, first problem I ran into was the passage under the bridge was to short, just before coming out from under the bridge, literally about an inch to go, the roof of my rig started to scrape the ceiling of the bridge.  Okay, so much for trying that way, let's go try another route.  Headed out and back to the parking lot of the Quality Inn that's next to the bridge, drove through the parking lot and on some dirt roads that lead to Calamity Wash just north of the Inn and easily made it into the wash, AWESOME!  So I'm cruising through this wash in 4 Hi, it's fairly easy, just soft deep sand.  I make it about 3/4 of the way up this wash, come around a sharp blind corner and...  STOP!  In front of me is a 50 foot plus tall cliff/dry waterfall.  Well 💩, no way of continuing on so I call it a day, head out then back home.  At least I got a little off roading accomplished today. 😎

I have updated the title and original post to reflect we will only be running the Constellation Loop.

Jason, sorry but have to cancel......  turns out my wife had bought PHX Rising Tickets for this Sat.

• Sad 1

Also, just found out that there's a half marathon going on in Wickenburg the morning of the 9th.  My boss was talking about running in it.

• Wow 1

3 minutes ago, AZRNintheJeep242 said:

Also, just found out that there's a half marathon going on in Wickenburg the morning of the 9th.  My boss was talking about running in it.

We shouldn't be affected, they start at 6:30am (1/2 marathon), 7am (10k) and 7:15am (5k) out by the airport, part of the path then heads south on N. Vulture Mine Rd.  It's all taking place on the west side of town, the meet up spot is 3 miles east from where the marathon heads south on Vulture Mine Rd.