4x4tographer

May 20-22, 2022 | Overland Expo West | Flagstaff, AZ

Posted (edited)

The world-famous Overland Expo West is just around the corner! I'm pretty stoked about it - I've been trying to go for about 6 years and have never made it up. Well things are finally about to change for me! We're finally going!

Slapping a thread together with some useful information.

Overland Expo is pretty much the bee's knees of off-roading, camping, adventuring and "overloading".

Expect to see a TON of:

• Amazing rigs
  • Ingenious gear
  • Camping and overloading set ups
  • Booths and vendors from massive brands we all know and love
  • Classes/Courses
  • Overlanding "film showings"
  • Awesome people from around the world
  • and more!

Some helpful links:

You can experience a range of ways, from basic day passes to the on-site camping VIP experience.

PRO-TIP from @Bradywgn71:

If you're just going for a day, buy an ON-SITE parking pass to avoid waiting in line for the shuttles. We've heard stories of 2 hours waits for the shuttles. On-site parking is limited and once they're sold out, they're sold-out. This is a pre-order only deal, you can’t buy on-site parking the at the event.

Are you going? Let us know below!

We're headed up on Friday and are camping in the Flagstaff area for the weekend. Maybe we'll see you up there?

Edited by 4x4tographer
Extra clarity on parking
  • Thanks 1

This is tempting, they even have a Veterans discount.  Have to noodle this through. 🤔

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 4x4tographer said:

f you're just going for a day, buy an ON-SITE parking pass to avoid waiting in line for the shuttles. We've heard stories of 2 hours waits for the shuttles. On-site parking is limited and once they're sold out, they're sold-out. This is a pre-order only deal, you can’t buy on-site parking the at the event.

YES - the shuttles from the off-site NAU parking areas were indeed a cluster-f#*$ last year!

• Haha 3

Will be there Friday.

Staying in Prescott if anyone wants to meet up for a beer or dinner.  Will be @ The Hotel St. Michael on Whiskey Row from Thursday to Sunday.

• Like 2

I’m seriously considering it, but heard the on-site camping might suck. I don’t want to be too far away, wondering if I get there early I might get a spot off to the side. The park there is really cool.

• Like 3

I will be up there Saturday and Sunday.

/Woody

• Like 2

On 4/26/2022 at 1:45 PM, KtroubleA said:

I’m seriously considering it, but heard the on-site camping might suck. I don’t want to be too far away, wondering if I get there early I might get a spot off to the side. The park there is really cool.

Onsite camping sucks unless you like sleeping literally on top of complete strangers.  I walked through it 2 years ago to meet up with a guy I bought some gear off of and it was cramped and no privacy whatsoever.  What they ask for onsite camping for the weekend I wouldn't pay because of that.

On 4/26/2022 at 1:45 PM, KtroubleA said:

Hey Kev! I seem to remember you being prior service. If so, you could look in to Fort Tuthill (an Air Force resort) that is right next door to the expo. 

https://forttuthill.com

We've camped there before and it would be a super short walk for you to the event. It's NOT a very large campground though - loads of retirees and their Class A's  - but it's super conveniently located.

• Like 1

Katie and I are going up to Flag for the weekend and we’ll be at the expo on Saturday - hope to see you guys there!

• Like 2

Heading N on I-17 last Sunday, we passed 3 Water tankers hauling portable shower trailers.  My guess, they were headed to the Expo grounds.  Today, leaving Whitehorse lake, we saw 3 Jeeps w/adventure trailers headed for the lake.  Williams had lots of Off road/overland vehicles on the main street.  

• Like 2