Bradywgn71

EcoFlow Delta Mini - Portable Solar Battery

We decided to try the EcoFlow Delta Mini to power our two electric fridges and misc. electrical needs.  We bought a 160W folding solar panel to go with it. 

EcoFlow Delta Mini Link

Solar panel folding link

One reason we went with this brand is the fast recharge, better price, and we liked that we could use this and charge it off the Jeep while driving. We are considering adding a solar panel to the top of both jeeps as well.  It has lots of plug options for solar, AC, 12v, and many output options.

signal-2022-04-15-12-15-35-817.thumb.jpg.fb64321fc5e0f8c8d025bb6e60252d93.jpg

It charges from empty to full in under 2 hours. Also, off 300 watts solar 3 to 6 hours. 

We first tested it running one of our refrigerators for 48 hours in approx 72 degree ambient temps.  With no solar for this test. It kept our cooler at 35ish degrees for 48 hours and drained the battery to 15 percent. 

signal-2022-04-15-12-15-14-926.thumb.jpg.d897acef16239716511e2e994c46b97f.jpg

Up next is to see how long solar takes to charge her back up.  Hoping this helps keep our fridges running at least overnight during actual trail runs.  Last few runs our cooler would shutoff even on eco mode with our XJ.  

I'll update with how this works after the next overnight trip in a few weeks. We still need to figure out a place to mount it in the WJ.

• Like 7

Nice review on this. Someday I'd like a fridge, so its always interesting seeing the different perspectives on keeping them going.

You guys could do a solar panel on Hope that slides out from under your rack and hinged to angle over your windshield! They've also got those hood mounted 3M adhesive panels, but you can't aim them.

Nice write up, thanks for sharing. I want to get a fridge one day but powering it(Without rewiring the vehicle) and the overall cost of something like this and a fridge are cost prohibitive.😞 I think I need a sugar mamma. 🤣  I do like something like this because you can charge it during the day while driving.

• Like 1

A portable power module is a good investment.  I run a Jackery 500 to power a Engle 43 and charging other electronics.   It will keep the fridge at 34° for over 12 hours without the Jeep charging it on a hot day.

I wanted a 1000 watt unit but the TJ has only so much room to fit a power module.

After using one for almost a year, I think they are worth the cost.

And the technology keeps improving and there's more manufactures to choose from when they first came on the market.

• Like 5