shellback91

JK Fender Flare Dumb Parts Question

Posted (edited)

So I found the source of a rattle/noise, the passenger side fender flare is loose. I tried pushing it back in but it wont stay.I see the male portion on the fender flare but nothing on the fender which explains the problem.

Do they use the trim clips that are used on the grille? If not what do they use? After searching around I am a little confused on what I need to buy.  😞

Edited by shellback91

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, shellback91 said:

So I found the source of a rattle/noise, the passenger side fender flare is loose. I tried pushing it back in but it wont stay.I see the male portion on the fender flare but nothing on the fender which explains the problem.

Do they use the trim clips that are used on the grille? If not what do they use? After searching around I am a little confused on what I need to buy.  😞

here ya go: https://amzn.to/3Mo7gkO

flat part attaches to a slot in the fender flare, the pointy part snaps into a hole in the sheetmetal.

you may be able to work the bottom one in without removing the flare, but in the past i had to pull the entire flare in order to replace multiple clips and then snap it all back together. if you have to do that, note that the inner plastic fender liner and flare will remove as one piece once you remove the correct bolts and clips.

Edited by theksmith
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, theksmith said:

here ya go: https://amzn.to/3Mo7gkO

flat part attaches to a slot in the fender flare, the pointy part snaps into a hole in the sheetmetal.

you may be able to work the bottom one in without removing the flare, but in the past i had to pull the entire flare in order to replace multiple clips and then snap it all back together. if you have to do that, note that the inner plastic fender liner and flare will remove as one piece once you remove the correct bolts and clips.

Thank you Kris. This sounds like its gonna be fun. 🙂 Luckily it's the clip nearest the bottom so it should not fight me too much.

• Like 1