dzJeepChic

9/9 - 9/11/2022: LUCKY 13th Annual ORP Dirt Formal Gala | Dogtown Lake |near Williams, AZ | 4x4 EZ | Improved Campground, Food, Games, Prizes!!

Count me in for this. Will either be tenting it or in my tear drop if it gets here before then.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I updated the 1st post with a link to sign ups for Saturday's fun!

ORP Overland Field Day

• Team challenges testing overlanding basic skills
  • Details and Sign up HERE!
  • As much fun to watch as it is to participate
  • Prizes for the winning team!

orp gala oof 2.png

• Like 3

Please sign Chris and I up.  Tent for us since our rig is too big. If too cold may drive up and back since we are close.  Looking forward to this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We will be there Friday (night) then Flag/Cinders dor another event Saturday (night) then NW side of Powell for a couple days then North Rim GC for a couple more days…..loop

• Like 1

We found a space in Loop B that will fit our large 45ft motorhome so please update to show we aren't tenting.  It's a short walk down to the group site.  

• Like 2

Put me and the "bar cart" down.  

• Love 3

Paid for Camp  Ground thru Zelle but noticed that it is not updated on the sign up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Ford said:

Paid for Camp  Ground thru Zelle but noticed that it is not updated on the sign up?

Hi Ken, what day did you send it? Thx

Embarrassing.... just checked my Bank Account and it looks like I created an account to send the money thru Zelle but never actually did.

So, I just sent 2 minutes ago.
  • Like 2

Devon and I drove up to Dog-town lake today to check it out.  We've been there before but it has been decades since we last visited.  While we were there we enjoyed a picnic lunch, did some Geocaching and enjoyed a nice rain shower.  FYI- they rent Kayaks too! :) 

Dog town is a much nicer campground than we remember. We drove through both regular camp loops and the Host let us into the group area.  We counted 8 pull through loops for trailers/RVs and tent areas that will also hold smaller trailers. The road in has some washboard sections, but not too bad.  I thought the washboard was worse on the drive out. Some pics below.

Group Ramada

IMG_0205.jpg.6b92208feb37abd0a92e4ffd863fd5e5.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg.24ba401b6185f98eecd6c11b2046054f.jpg

2nd Fireplace at the Ramada

IMG_0207.jpg.79a7113b66da531001b33fedec5bff43.jpg

One of the pull through spots

IMG_0211.jpg.a55098ec64483598b9c54e9b59e254d3.jpg

One of the Tent areas

IMG_0210.jpg.9395870449678ebb114a8d6242eb769e.jpg

The lake is a short walk away from the group site and can't really be seen.  The lake is much bigger than this photo shows. This pic is from the Day use area.

IMG_0215.jpg.3f12f0502b9787e9836e17e733914412.jpg

• Thanks 5