J2DXPLR

Installing ICECO fridge slide in the back of our Jeep JL using Goose Gear Plate System

We were trying to figure out the best way to install the ICECO Fridge Slide to the back of our Jeep JL. Goose Gear Rear Plate System without the seat delete seems to be the best option with the least amount of work. We measured and drilled holes to install the wood inserts similar to the existing Goose Gear mounting holes for their system, but sized to work better with the ICECO Fridge Slide. It all worked out quite well, except the remaining rubber mat we left from the Mopar Cargo Tray added an extra thickness to the back passenger seats, and prevented the fridge slide to fully lock in place unless you give it a good shove. We have been using this with our overland setup for a few trips now and LOVED IT!

Hope this is helpful for other Jeep owners who wants to install a fridge slide but not want to be limited to using the setup by the Goose Gear drawer system.

• Like 2

I’m not sure exactly what inserts goose gear uses but I’m going to assume you used a pronged tee nut to secure your fridge slide.

Not trying to be “that guy” but I’m going to show you what I ended up doing on the DIY base board in my LJ that I used to own.

This shows the slide minus the fridge.

49C0D056-8B21-4443-860B-2B9D4C76BFF6.thumb.jpeg.8b48e917a03db77ba3fdb18512f869ea.jpeg

Here is a shot of the bottom of the baseboard.  I installed my tee nuts in a counterbore to keep them below the face of the p,y wood.

BA00EA98-97BF-47EB-B600-6E030843A444.thumb.jpeg.cb841e7f893f337a37082d168dba1c22.jpeg

Early on one of the tee nuts dropped loose from the base board when nothing was screwed into it.  
Not a difficult repair but a bit time consuming.  

When I fixed the loose insert I bedded it in epoxy and while I was at it I embedded the rest of the nuts the same way.  
My issue might well have been a fluke but I thought I’d mention this to you.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2022 at 7:40 PM, jgaz said:

I’m not sure exactly what inserts goose gear uses but I’m going to assume you used a pronged tee nut to secure your fridge slide.

Not trying to be “that guy” but I’m going to show you what I ended up doing on the DIY base board in my LJ that I used to own.

This shows the slide minus the fridge.

49C0D056-8B21-4443-860B-2B9D4C76BFF6.thumb.jpeg.8b48e917a03db77ba3fdb18512f869ea.jpeg

Here is a shot of the bottom of the baseboard.  I installed my tee nuts in a counterbore to keep them below the face of the p,y wood.

BA00EA98-97BF-47EB-B600-6E030843A444.thumb.jpeg.cb841e7f893f337a37082d168dba1c22.jpeg

Early on one of the tee nuts dropped loose from the base board when nothing was screwed into it.  
Not a difficult repair but a bit time consuming.  

When I fixed the loose insert I bedded it in epoxy and while I was at it I embedded the rest of the nuts the same way.  
My issue might well have been a fluke but I thought I’d mention this to you.

Thank you for sharing your cool build and your experience! We actually used threaded insert nuts so they don’t slide out like the pronged tee nut would.

2C8D3B4C-D5A2-4425-AD7E-A8C5F8112080.thumb.jpeg.77b5af714b95a03cdabc2bd6c983b180.jpeg

• Like 2