dzJeepChic

9/10/22: ORP Overland Field Day | At Dirt Formal Gala | near Williams, AZ | 4x4 EZ | Fun, Laughter, Prizes!

1 hour ago, dzJeepChic said:

Where's @Eugene @We Just Go @Riddler @Franky @GRUNT @MzPriss @SonoranWanderer @gearhead? Ya'll would be excellent competition! Bring it!

Is the tire placement challenge a flex test? I ask because all the ORP OGs (old timers) know darn well that my YJ flexes as much as a concrete block. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, GRUNT said:

Is the tire placement challenge a flex test? I ask because all the ORP OGs (old timers) know darn well that my YJ flexes as much as a concrete block. 

Nope! No flex test challenge this year. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 7:37 AM, dzJeepChic said:

Where's @Eugene @We Just Go @Riddler @Franky @GRUNT @MzPriss @SonoranWanderer @gearhead? Ya'll would be excellent competition! Bring it!

I would love to jump in but the timing of off for me. Dusy and the Gala both collided with another personal trip already booked at the same time. =( 

• Sad 3

Hey you guys, I hope you're not over thinking this! The games are designed all for fun, there's nothing really very challenging involved. Here's a brief description of what is required for each each event:

• Slow Drags - 4 Low Challenge - Drive as slowly as possible from point A to point B
  • Put it There - Tire Placement Skills Test - Park with your tire as close to the marker as possible without knocking it over 
  • Red Solo Cap - Trailhead Prep Test - Relay race removing and replacing valve-stem caps
  • Break it Down Now - Bug Out Challenge - Put a tent it in it's storage case

Let's have fun! Remember to let us know your team name!

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, dzJeepChic said:

Hey you guys, I hope you're not over thinking this! The games are designed all for fun, there's nothing really very challenging involved. Here's a brief description of what is required for each each event:

• Slow Drags - 4 Low Challenge - Drive as slowly as possible from point A to point B
  • Put it There - Tire Placement Skills Test - Park with your tire as close to the marker as possible without knocking it over 
  • Red Solo Cap - Trailhead Prep Test - Relay race removing and replacing valve-stem caps
  • Break it Down Now - Bug Out Challenge - Put a tent it in it's storage case

Let's have fun! Remember to let us know your team name!

If I can convince my wife to come along I'll get a team together. 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2022 at 7:37 AM, dzJeepChic said:

Where's @Eugene? Ya'll would be excellent competition! Bring it!

Unfortunately, Kelly and I won't be attending the Gala this year.  We'll be out-of-state for a wedding.

Mike

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Eugene said:

Unfortunately, Kelly and I won't be attending the Gala this year.  We'll be out-of-state for a wedding.

Mike

Oh dang, we'll miss you guys!!

• Like 1

If you're going to the ORP Annual Gala then be sure to sign up for the OOFD!!! We're going to have a blast!

Hi Diane,

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control Kelly won't be making the trip this year so team Rubikhan will be out of the reindeer games. I look forward to rooting everyone on solo.

See you in a couple of weeks.

• Sad 2