WILL E

9/18 BULLDOG CANYON Newbie friendly, stock rig friendly!

This trail is out by Saguaro Lake so it's pretty close to town.   Great trail for stock rigs and newbies too!   Typically the run is about 2 to 3 hours.   I run this trail several dozen times each season. 

We will enter in on 3554 and  exit out  Fr10 on Bush.  If things are going well and it's not too hot maybe run back through 3554.   

A permit is required, it's $6, lasts 6 months and is specific to the Bulldog Canyon area:  https://www.recreation.gov/vehiclepermits/3332401

• Technical Rating: 2-3 (easy)  - Great for newbies!

REQUIREMENTS:

• A stock clearance 4x4 with a low range transfer case option, suitable front OR rear recovery point (trailer hitch is fine), stock tires.  
  • Rigs & drivers must meet all the typical state/federal legal requirements for on-highway vehicles (license, insurance, registration, seat belts, lights, etc.)
  • $6 permit per vehicle.  Each OPERATOR must have a permit, families can share a permit
  • This is a great trail for people with little to no experience.
  • Everyone must stay on the designated trails 

Radios:  Not required (I have a spare).   Ham on 462.700, CB or FRS all work for me.   Trail finding is easy and we'll keep you in our mirrors. 

Itinerary:

Meet up time will be 9:00 am at fr3554 trail head off of Usery Pass.   We'll air down (optional) and chat a bit. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/West+Gate+to+Bulldog+Canyon+OHV+Area/@33.505559,-111.6126836,16.25z/data=!4m9!1m2!2m1!1sbulldog+canyon+3554+entrance+map!3m5!1s0x872bbba068b5c437:0xe103b51b92f8ed81!8m2!3d33.5047988!4d-111.6172384!15sCiBidWxsZG9nIGNhbnlvbiAzNTU0IGVudHJhbmNlIG1hcJIBEG9mZl9yb2FkaW5nX2FyZWE

We'll stop at least twice to enjoy the view and chat.  

At FR10 we will head south to a little picnic spot and have a snack (I will make Cheese crisps!)  And then North to Bush Highway exit or back out 3554.

The trail is about 7 or 8 miles long to Bush.  

Bring the kids, the pets, Grandma.   

Bring something to snack on.  We'll stop for a snack under the shade of some mesquite trees. 

Attendees:

Will E (1)

English Al (1 or 2)

Edited by WILL E
  • Like 3

If I'm not hungover from the ASU game on Sat I could be down! 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, English Al said:

If I'm not hungover from the ASU game on Sat I could be down! 

Never let a hangover stop you from having fun!

I've got ya down.    I can bring some breakfast burritos to help with the HO.  ;)  Let me know if you are interested. 

Just got in from the (terrible) game. I'd say let's do this run in October if you have some availability then. 

October!.  That must be one heck of a hang over. : )  No worries  mate, I do this run a dozen or so times  each season.  PM me if  you have a free day and I can probably make it work.  Watch for other postings.   Take care!

• Thanks 1

Lol sounds good. Travelling this week then camping with the wife the following weekend but I reckon October will be good! Will let you know! 

Would also be interested in joining in a couple of weeks (early October).

16 hours ago, alexshel44 said:

Would also be interested in joining in a couple of weeks (early October).

Sounds good!  I run this about every other weekend.  It's a fun trail with lots of scenery and because it's close it doesn't take up the entire day.