mesach

Looking for a suggestion on some new headlights for my 2015 JKU

Hi All, just got back from a vacation, and discovered that the high beams on my cheap Sunpie headlights are both out, well one is completely out, and the other looks like a sad DRL, so before the main headlight goes out, I'm looking for a new set (and also want to replace the fogs too since they were a set and dont trust them either at this point).

I would LOOOOOVE to have a set of JW Speakers, but I would also LOOOOVE if they were a lot cheaper, so those are definitely out of the question unless someone knows of a decent set for no more than $400.

Anyone have any suggestions on "best bang for the buck" headlight replacements?

Edited by mesach
I can spel gud, i swer
  • Like 1

i think Pro Comp wins for bang-for-buck by far. the early versions had some issues, but they seem to have it all worked out now. they replaced mine under lifetime warranty a few times, but the current set has been in there for several years now without any more issues: https://www.procompusa.com/product-skus/pro-comp-7-round-led-driving-headlights-76402p/

another option - i heard somewhere that these Quadratec ones are actually made by JW Speaker and are basically JW's first gen lights rebranded: https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/led-projector-beam-headlamps-jeep-wrangler-jk/without-fog-lights

the KC HiLites Gravity aren't bad either in that same price range, but their beam pattern is a little messy for my taste. also just FYI, the Gravity PRO's stick out beyond the OEM grille (much more expensive too).

Edited by theksmith

I can confirm that the Quadratec LED headlights are indeed made by J.W. Speaker. The model I bought for my JL had J.W. Speaker logos on the rear of the housings. They're Quadratec branded out front. 

I'm happy with the performance and beam pattern. The "dual burn" combined hi-beam/lo-beam feature is pretty nice and very bright when you need it. I've had mine installed for almost 5 years with no issues. 

On 6/20/2023 at 8:31 PM, 4x4tographer said:

I can confirm that the Quadratec LED headlights are indeed made by J.W. Speaker. The model I bought for my JL had J.W. Speaker logos on the rear of the housings. They're Quadratec branded out front. 

I'm happy with the performance and beam pattern. The "dual burn" combined hi-beam/lo-beam feature is pretty nice and very bright when you need it. I've had mine installed for almost 5 years with no issues. 

How long have you had them? Have they developed any haze that you’ve noticed?

Edited by theksmith

Opinions will certainly vary ESPECIALLY on the topic of lighting, but IMHO, the best bang for the buck, and proven long life headlamps are the OEM's.  ;)

30 minutes ago, ob1jeeper said:

Opinions will certainly vary ESPECIALLY on the topic of lighting, but IMHO, the best bang for the buck, and proven long life headlamps are the OEM's.  ;)

@ob1jeeper  Want to get a discussion going?  Ask about the best engine oil/filter/spark plugs! LOL

Edited by Curly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, mesach said:

How long have you had them? Have they developed any haze that you’ve noticed?

Had ‘em for 5 years now. No haze at all.

Everyone has their budget philosophy for Jeep parts, mine leans toward buy once, cry once...  (I've gone through a LOT of Jeep parts across five Jeeps, two JKURs, two JLURs, and a JTM)

They are not cheap, but KC HiLiTES Gravity headlights offer better than OEM performance and quality and were plug and play for my 2008 JKUR. A pair is over $400 but when you see their light spread and projection (without blinding you with "blow back" light), you'll understand why you paid a few extra $$. $660 is about the lowest price I can find (Amazon). 

They are the only headlights I'd buy for any JK with factory halogens I might ever own in the future.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Edited by SonoranWanderer