Mick Bowers

12/2 - 12/3/2023, Vulture Mountain Overland Route, near Wickenburg, Arizona, 4x4 Easy + Primitive Camping

Mick, sorry did you post the tracks, I thought I saw them once, but can't seem to find them?

Mick, I’m going to have to bow out because the temp has dropped below my comfort/equipment level. I was expecting it to be in the 50’s when I signed up. I need to get most more equipment to be comfortable in 40 degree nights, which  I will do, but for now I hope everyone has a great time and I’ll catch you again when I’m better prepared. 
Sherri 

• Like 1

Sherri,

I have a brand, new never used goose down sleeping bag, in a heavy military gortex shell thats rated well below zero.
Got it for my wife “just in case” but she’ll never use it.  We/she would be happy to see someone get some use from it. You’re welcome to borrow it, 

At  night we’ll have warm fire. 

OR 
Since the majority of the ride will be on Saturday.   You could  skip just the camping Sat nite. 

On Saturday afternoon we will be crossing SR 60, at Morristown, just 10 minutes north of  the 303.  
We could  take a break there and get you “aired up” in a parking lot and then you could head out  and still get most of the ride in.

You would be on a four lane straight to the 303 at Suprise. 
It would be great have along, 

Mick 

• Like 1

Oh I’ve got a pretty good Northface  sleeping bag, it’s good to 30. The rain appears to have stopped and I woke up today and said “ you love that trail, don’t be a sissy”. I think I was just tired and cranky last night because I just flew in from a biz trip. I’ll see you Saturday and I’ll be camping. Looking forward to it . 
Sherri 

• Love 1

Excellent! 

I’m bringing a  “new” USMC  winter sleeping bag shell.  If you put your  bag inside it’ll give you 20 more degrees warmth.

It’s Gortex so it breathes .
You can use it if you want.

See you in Wickeberg

Mick

Edited by Mick Bowers
  • Love 1

On 11/28/2023 at 1:48 PM, Mick Bowers said:

QUESTION FOR ALL: 

I did a pre run yesterday and realized that we would have a full day Saturday.
 To make sure that we have time to checkout things on the ride, . . I’m asking  if “you would mind skipping the breakfast in Wickenberg?”

There is a good bakery next door to the Horseshoe where we can grab a go order of scones, muffins and coffee and use the restrooms. 
If you will need to gas up there are several stations we’ll pass on the way out of town. 
Please let me know on this forum if you want breakfast or not on this forum. 
Thanks,

Mick

Good with me as well

Thanks Jack

Maybe I’ll grab some scones in the bakery an we have a snack on the Belmont Mountain overlook.image.png.c9a3de887678d2c9a7cc30b2b28cf10c.png

I'm heading out. 

• Like 1

Think I'm here

Gman, I didn’t see your poat post about  the tracs. I  did see the  one about skipping breakfast Sat morning.  
we waited until 9:50 am for you and sent texts.  I hope nothing bad has happened that stopped you. 
I certainly can send you the traks covered. It went well. 
Mick