English Al

Reasonable cost for a head gasket replacement on a 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU 3.6L

Hi all, question in title: 

What's a reasonable cost for a head gasket replacement on a 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU 3.6L?

Replacement and milling I'm being quoted at $3600 which seems steep?

Thats a little high for just head gasket replacement. There are some expensive gasket kits involved, (Primarily front cover kit) But its mostly the labor involved. There are absolutely variables also, And with it being a 2013 I would do a leak down test FIRST before condeming a head gasket. The 12, and early 13 (pre 06-13 build) have been very problematic for us. We just started into our SECOND head replacement for the week today. So, whoever you have do the job, there are a few things I would suggest that are done at the same time IF they have NOT been done in the last 6 months/ 5000 miles....1) rocker arms on that head, lifters on that head, Thermostat assy, Oil cooler/ pressure and temp switches, spark plugs and coil boots. At that point in the game, its just a parts cost with little to no extra labor charge. I will be in the office tomorrow (Thur Dec 14th) If you would like to call and talk about it. We will be closing on Dec 15 thru Jan 2 for the holidays.

Joe

OnPoint Performance and Offroad

AND

OnPoint Pentastar Professionals, LLC

623-234-3339

**Spoiler Alert**

New, 5300  sq ft Location coming soon! Stay tuned for location! (We actually have it, but Not telling anyone yet..;) )

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Congrats Joe on the new spot!