Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Kingman Trails September 2010 Picture Thread

Here's a teaser to get the thread started. Post your pictures from the weekend at Kingman here.

DSCN4401.JPG

There's a story; stay tuned to hear it. We had an excellent weekend of Kingman wheeling. Clifford excelled albeit on the hot side. There was a transvestite incident and a 911 call. Seriously. We found an oasis in the desert and we saw the most radical meteorite any of us had ever witnessed. And as pictured above, we had carnage. Luckily, it was on the last day and everyone got home under their own power.

More Later,

d

:rolleyes:

Lookin' forward to the reports... Sorry to see Clifford had a rear shaft joint issue...:eek::P

Lookin' forward to the reports... Sorry to see Clifford had a rear shaft joint issue...:eek::P

That's not Clifford's belly. . . d :rolleyes:

P1090829.JPG

P1090831.JPG

P1090837.JPG

P1090840.JPG

P1090854.JPG

P1090861.JPG

P1090891.JPG

P1090897.JPG

P1090905.JPG

P1090909.JPG

P1090926.JPG

The trip to Kingman to run trails was a lot of fun. Some of us met at the campsite Thursday night so we could get an early start for Friday's run to the Gold King Mansion on the Moss Wash trail. Wayne & George were already there when I arrived from Kingman, and theksmith and Upatree were there shortly after. The evening cooled down nicely, and we had a full moon Thursday and Friday nights:

DSCN4179.JPG

Here are some pictures from the trailride Friday. The first optional rock garden:

I was so happy to be giving Clifford a try!

DSCN4185.JPG

A cakewalk for Clifford!

DSCN4187.JPG

Richard from W4W:

DSCN4189.JPG

This is Brad's Commanche and Wayne's CJ both from W4W:

DSCN4190.JPG

Here's Wayne showing us how to negotiate the waterfall on the way to the Mansion:

DSCN4193.JPG

And how 'Not to do' the waterfall:

DSCN4196.JPG

thekdude basically walked up the entire waterfalls in such a short time there are barely any pictures of it. How do you like those 35s K?

DSCN4199.JPG

My turn was a different story; I did fine on the 1st part:

DSCN4203.JPG

But then my rear-end slid in on the 2nd waterfall and we found out that my front tires stuff so hard into the fenders that I can't turn the wheel. The bumpstops don't meet when the axle is articulated, so I'm officially shopping for some hockey pucks.

DSCN4206.JPG

Continued

V

V

V

Hangin' at the Manse:

DSCN4209.JPG

DSCN4214.JPG

A happy Paco:

DSCN4215.JPG

Another happy Dawg on the last obstacle:

DSCN4222.JPG

Brad & Richard on the same obstacle right behind me:

DSCN4223.JPG

We had lunch at a spot new to me; it was at the bottom of another waterfall obstacle that none of us were set up for, but fun to imagine!

Here we are after the climb up the back of the mountain and almost to the Hualapai Mountain Resort:

DSCN4225.JPG

From the Hualapai Mountain Resort Brad took pavement back to Kingman, while the rest of us took Wheeler Wash, a trail new to me, back to camp. Our fearless leader at end of the trail:

DSCN4229.JPG

That night Scott and Russ Chung arrived at camp, and we stayed up late to hear Russ' report about the Dusy Ersham trail run he did the weekend before Labor Day. Had it not been for the Annual Cinders Trip, I very likely would have been there, and knowing what I know now, I'm glad I was with you all in Flagstaff! But I must say, the Dusy sounds like a Duzzy, and I might just like to give it a go one day!

Day 2 and beyond next!!

d :rolleyes:

Saturday morning we left camp and drove west on I-40 through Kingman, to Highway 93 and then to Highway 68 west toward Bullhead City for the trailhead to Sleeping Princess. My CB hadn't been working, so Russ tested and tuned it at the airdown, and now it works great! Thanks Russ!

DSCN4230.JPG

At the trailhead George walked over into a wash to pee, and found a girl's purse, shoes and lingerie strewn about. Then he noticed Paco circling and sniffing around what looked and smelled like a body wrapped in a blanket. I called 911 and luckily was transferred twice, because during that time Upatree Dave discovered that the body was of an animal. So I cancelled the report, although I told the dispatch officer about the purse and other items.

I took a closer look at the purse and it's contents which were perfume, make-up and applicators, personal lubricant, gaudy cheap jewelry, condoms, balloons and a receipt dated 9/22/2010 from an adult novelty store in Mojave. Also laying around the scene were a pack of press-on fingernails and bra inserts, which along with the size of the shoes (big) and a corset type bra (40 D) I concluded that the stuff belonged to a transvestite. I think it was stolen and the thieves brought the stuff out here to go through it, but who knows.

I'd already felt apprehensive about driving Sleeping Princess, and the whole scene made me feel even more uncomfortable, so I handed the wheel over to George. In hindsight I'm glad, too; Sleeping Princess has gotten a little rougher since the last time we were there and I may have been in over my head a few times.

Pics from the trail:

DSCN4236.JPG

Russ & Ziggy:

DSCN4241.JPG

Dropping down into the 1st optional extension wash:

DSCN4251.JPG

DSCN4255.JPG

DSCN4259.JPG

DSCN4256.JPG

DSCN4267.JPG

DSCN4285.JPG

DSCN4286.JPG

Continued

V

V

V

Wayne dropping down to the Extension (click for video):

th_PICT0013.jpg

Scott:

PICT0016.jpg

Kris:

PICT0020.jpg

David:

PICT0025.jpg

George:

PICT0028.jpg

Wayne:

PICT0032.jpg

Diane:

PICT0042.jpg

Kris:

PICT0046.jpg

Kris, David and Diane:

PICT0051.jpg

The view of Laughlin and Bullhead City from the top:

PICT0063.jpg

Lake Mohave:

PICT0072.jpg

George spotting Diane near the start of Serendipity:

PICT0078.jpg

Kris:

PICT0094.jpg

Diane on an "extra credit":

PICT0106.jpg

Scott:

PICT0111.jpg

Kris:

PICT0119.jpg

Wayne:

PICT0126.jpg

Steve:

PICT0128.jpg

Diane:

PICT0136.jpg

Scott (click for video):

th_PICT0138.jpg

The aftermath:

PICT0139.jpg

PICT0142.jpg

Maybe the transvestite garb is why they call it "Sleeping Princess". I doubt that I could have tackled that trail without major carnage. Keep the pics coming.