AFeiner

Need suggestion for post rain place to 4x4

I wanted to go somewhere with the Jeep to enjoy the post rainy week, any suggestion that would not scare the wife and 🐶for a day trip?

Usually the area around Montana Mountain is a fun place to go after a good storm, but it has been some time since I have been down that way.

• Like 1

the Rolls OHV area is mostly sandy so it's good when wet, there are still a few spots that get muddy though.

could always go up 4-peaks too, and then down the back side if you want a longer day.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, theksmith said:

the Rolls OHV area is mostly sandy so it's good when wet, there are still a few spots that get muddy though.

could always go up 4-peaks too, and then down the back side if you want a longer day.

You know where muddy places are?  thought you hated muddy places?

Edited by 4WLNRN
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, 4WLNRN said:

You know where muddy places are?  thought you hated muddy places?

Have to know where to avoid!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, theksmith said:

Have to know where to avoid!

Touche!

When it rains definitely avoid Prescott, Williams (although snowy lately there). Skull Valley, Camp Wood, bloody basin area. All get crazy deep mud. 

Sorry saw this late. Saw a group run the OHV Cinders area northwest of Flagstaff and that was fine since it was all the volcanic cinders. But it is cold up there!

Hope you got out to see some awesome part of Arizona!

• Like 1

I hate to sound like a broken record.  Bulldog canyon is a good place after a rain.  Yeah, there are some puddles but no 'mud bogs'.   With any luck you can catch a beautiful view of 4 peaks with snow on it. 

• Like 2

Unless anyone is going somewhere and would like company, I will do 4 peaks this weekend as it has some places we can stop and hike a bit.

• Like 1

I am going to hit Bulldog tomorrow (Sunday).    Might just do a short run but if the weather is nice go out to Wolverine or beyond.   Let me know if anyone wants to join.